For fans of southern metal and post-rock...

frenchji

• Members

http://theresabetterfire.bandcamp.com/

I guess my old band re-released the album we recorded about 3 years ago. Sorta music was not really my thing even at the time.. but I had fun with it. I don't think they liked my approach to their style though.. they are doing a reunion show and I was uninvited :( ... I guess they were upset I wasn't blatantly ripping off maylene and the sons of disaster like the other guys.

Anyway.. not the best recording.. we did it ourselves.. but I'm proud of it. Back in the day when all I had was a dd-20 and bbe greenscreamer.

• Members

is this xtian music?

christian? I don't think so.. I know the singer/lyricist "found jesus" towards the end of the band.. so I think one or two of the songs might be christian themed... or at least the singers idea of what a christian themed song would sound like.

Like I said above.. I tried to ignore the lyrics.. they were pretty bad.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Hi, Josh from TABF here. Found this old post through the 'buzz' section of our bandcamp. Just a hot tip for everyone, don't believe Jake French's BS. Only about half a nugget of truth can be found in anything he says. I guess its hard to speak the truth with a mouthful of sour grapes. Thanks for checking the album out, those of you who did, I hope you enjoyed it, as the majority of the band really enjoyed recording and performing those old tunes.

Archived