Get rid of the brightness on a bugera 1960 infinum, here's how

leftu2

• Members

Got my 1960 infinum thursday. Was surprised how bright it was. After talking with my amp guy. He said to darken the whole amp, you take the small ceramic cap (470p) out of the curcit on c12 right behind the volume 1 pot. I used a soldering iron with a fine tip and was able to heat the bottom of the circuit board where cap leg comes in and pull the leg of the cap up and snip it in 1/2, that way it would be easy to put back to stk and the cap still be in the amp by soldering the leg back together. Boy does it make the amp a lot more creamy. It would be nice if this mod was on a switch because using single coils at low volumes is just perfect, nice and chimey. Do this mod, you will love it!!!

2995708374aae6fbe1e9b19e08b65f45.thumb.jpg.7be7594c4527ba95c888f657a9c6c400.jpg

• Members

Leo Fender puts 250pF in his Blackface amps. I'm not sure what value cap is in yours already, but parallel caps ad up, like resistors in series.

You could also mount a lit switch on that cap and mount it a spot on the chassis out front, incase you have something with humbuckers.

Glad you like it. Never played a Bugera amp and I probably never will.

• Members
Leo Fender puts 250pF in his Blackface amps. I'm not sure what value cap is in yours already, but parallel caps ad up, like resistors in series.

You could also mount a lit switch on that cap and mount it a spot on the chassis out front, incase you have something with humbuckers.

Glad you like it. Never played a Bugera amp and I probably never will.

Its a 470pf. I'll get my amp guy to mount a switch at some point. I swore id never look at the bugera stuff for yrs and i got a recommendation from someone who is only inro high end amps. I'm a slodano guy (slo 100), have been for about 18 yrs and wouldn't even look at buying another amp. I'm tellin ya this thing really suprised me. Supposedly this 2nd gen of infinum amps hold up much better tjan the 1st gens, plus they have done a lot of the mods that folks do to plexi amps.. I got this new to the door for $295..

• Members

Happy New Mod Day. :thu: Looking at the front panel it looks like there's space between the Standby switch and the channel selector. Assuming "volume 1" is the Master Volume, it might be possible to install a simple on/off switch near it.

Archived