Sweetwater monthly payments

Thurston

• Members

Sweetwater has some good options for making payments over time right now. There are a few manufacturers offering 18 month no interest. Sweetwater also offers 6 month no interest on anything bought with their card.

But what is the deal with the monthly payment listed with near the cost of gear in the the Progear catalogue that just came out? For instance the 60s Classic Player Strat is $799.99 or $28/month. That comes out to around 28-29 payments?

• Members

Sweetwater has some good options for making payments over time right now. There are a few manufacturers offering 18 month no interest. Sweetwater also offers 6 month no interest on anything bought with their card.

But what is the deal with the monthly payment listed with near the cost of gear in the the Progear catalogue that just came out? For instance the 60s Classic Player Strat is $799.99 or $28/month. That comes out to around 28-29 payments?

We have 18 months interest free on TONS of stuff right now... that promo is manufacturer specific though. Default non-promo is 6 months same as cash, and revolving credit terms thereafter.

Monthly payments in the catalog are calculated on a 36 month term, as is standard for most credit cards. BUT....YOU DO NOT NOT NOT want to do that. PAY WITHIN THE SAME AS CASH TERM!!!!

Our card, like ANY tech card (Best Buy, GC, MF, etc) carries an interest rate around 30% outside the "same as cash" term. It's unavoidable, as lenders know the depreciation rate of technology.

TL/DR version: Why didn't you just call me, Dave? :):poke:

• Members

What's the deal with payment plans like if you buy something for $599 and it says 3 easy payment? How does that work? Do you need to get the credit card for that?

3EP Works like this:

Upon credit approval, we:

Ship you the item, and charge you for 1/3 of the total + $10 onetime charge to your credit or debit card.

30 days later, charge another 1/3.

30 days later, charge final 1/3.

3Ep has a $2k limit.

• Members

3EP Works like this:

Upon credit approval, we:

Ship you the item, and charge you for 1/3 of the total + $10 onetime charge to your credit or debit card.

30 days later, charge another 1/3.

30 days later, charge final 1/3.

3Ep has a $2k limit.

Why do you guys run credit for 3EP? It's no big deal, but AMS doesn't. (Their limit is 1k though)

• Members

That's what I am thinking too.

That's correct.

Reason? Quite simply, it's an extension of credit. Product goes out before full payment is procured. I'm aware that others do not do credit checks, and that's their risk/prerogative.

Wanna know how Guitar Center acquired MF? MF ran an "EZ Payment" scenario like this years ago. Enough people bought things, then cancelled their cards before the remaining payments could be withdrawn, that MF lost MILLIONS.

I understand that there are other payment plans out there from other vendors that may or may not be more attractive for different reasons, but we are a company that attributes our success to customer service, more than SUNDAYSUNDAYSUNDAYSPECTACULAR sales-y stuff.

Everyone does it different. :thu:

• Members

That's correct.

Reason? Quite simply, it's an extension of credit. Product goes out before full payment is procured. I'm aware that others do not do credit checks, and that's their risk/prerogative.

Wanna know how Guitar Center acquired MF? MF ran an "EZ Payment" scenario like this years ago. Enough people bought things, then cancelled their cards before the remaining payments could be withdrawn, that MF lost MILLIONS.

I understand that there are other payment plans out there from other vendors that may or may not be more attractive for different reasons, but we are a company that attributes our success to customer service, more than SUNDAYSUNDAYSUNDAYSPECTACULAR sales-y stuff.

Everyone does it different.
:thu:

My only thing is, with a hard inquiry, I'd want there to be a line of credit available. Not a one time purchase, know what I mean? Because then, if you do the 3EP plan again, that's another hard inquiry. I doubt many people think about this though, and that really does affect your credit scores...

• Members

My only thing is, with a hard inquiry, I'd want there to be a line of credit available. Not a one time purchase, know what I mean? Because then, if you do the 3EP plan again, that's another hard inquiry. I doubt many people think about this though, and that really does affect your credit scores...

Wrong.

Once we have 3EP approval, that 2K credit line for multiple 3EP purchases is valid for 6 months.

Regardless, the Sweetwater card is a better option, as there is no fee, the Same as cash term is 3x longer than 3EP (6mos at minimum vs 60 days for 3ep), and the credit line is usually higher.

My 2 cents.

• Members

Wrong.

Once we have 3EP approval, that 2K credit line for multiple 3EP purchases is valid for 6 months.

Regardless, the Sweetwater card is a better option, as there is no fee, the Same as cash term is 3x longer than 3EP (6mos at minimum vs 60 days for 3ep), and the credit line is usually higher.

My 2 cents.

I gotcha, that first part was left out of the original post :) The card is definitely a better option.

Now...should I buy the buckethead sig :lol:

• Members

That's my concern as well. If I am going to have an inquiry on my credit report, it should be like a credit card where I get the inquiry ONCE and then I can keep making purchases as long as I keep the payments current. But having an inquiry for ONE purchase, or every time I make a new purchase? Well that's better be for something like a car or a mortgage or it's just bad credit management. It's not worth it.

• Members

I can't wait till I graduate. I'm gonna bug the hell outta you.

I can't wait until I graduate so I can bug the hell outta him too. Oh wait, I've already been bugging the hell outta him:lol:

Loop, I noticed you guys have EVH D-Tunas now.

Damn, I need to graduate. I need a {censored}ing PRS:evil:

• Members

Wrong.

My 2 cents.

oh ok, that makes sense.

• Members

That's my concern as well. If I am going to have an inquiry on my credit report, it should be like a credit card where I get the inquiry ONCE and then I can keep making purchases as long as I keep the payments current. But having an inquiry for ONE purchase, or every time I make a new purchase? Well that's better be for something like a car or a mortgage or it's just bad credit management. It's not worth it.

See post 19.

EDIT... you saw it. :thu:

Archived