The signal routing of your rig: Post it

• Members

The signal routing of your rig: Post it

Just figured it'd be interesting for guys to get a glimpse at what each other is doing.

My insanity:

zachschematic.jpg

EDIT: This is the rig, (idea lifted from jimosity below, to post a pic)

NAMMpicscropped020.jpg

stuff016.jpg

1gear.jpg

Run W/D/W through 3 4x12 cabs, with a VHT 2150 power amp (on loan from a friend) Heads are: Fender Super Reverb, Mesa/Boogie MKIII Coliseum, Mojave Peacemaker, Marshall 6100

NAMM%20pics%20cropped%20020.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's insane, Zach.

Hrm, mine is. . . infinate.

I use a soundsculpture GL, so anything can be routed any which way and mixed any which way at any time.

Usually, it's:

Guitar>

zvex fuzz factory

Silver machine Wah

Keeley TS9

EVH phase 90

Then either my Bogner XTC 101B or the FAS Axe-FX Ultra into the Bogners power amp. The AXE-FX also connects to the Bogners FX loop for use as a pure FX box.

I also have a FireworX in the rack, which is either in the bogners loop, the axe-FX loop, or in parallel to the axe-FX in the amp loop depending on the patch.

Oh, I also have a patch with the phase 90 in the loop instead of up front.

Then I have some W/D/W patches that do all the above in a stereo enviorment using the Axe-FX cab and mic sims for recording purposes using different outputs.

It's all very confusing, yet very simple. An FX1 controls it all.

I guess I should take some pics.

-W

• Members

That's insane, Zach.

Hrm, mine is. . . infinate.

I use a soundsculpture GL, so anything can be routed any which way and mixed any which way at any time.

Usually, it's:

Guitar>

zvex fuzz factory

Silver machine Wah

Keeley TS9

EVH phase 90

Then either my Bogner XTC 101B or the FAS Axe-FX Ultra into the Bogners power amp. The AXE-FX also connects to the Bogners FX loop for use as a pure FX box.

I also have a FireworX in the rack, which is either in the bogners loop, the axe-FX loop, or in parallel to the axe-FX in the amp loop depending on the patch.

Oh, I also have a patch with the phase 90 in the loop instead of up front.

Then I have some W/D/W patches that do all the above in a stereo enviorment using the Axe-FX cab and mic sims for recording purposes using different outputs.

It's all very confusing, yet very simple. An FX1 controls it all.

I guess I should take some pics.

-W

WOW, I just realize just how big a gear freak I am. When I was reading your description, I was mouthing to my self, WOW, how cool, while sitting on the edge of my chair. I fear there is no hope for me. I am a gear junkie.

Man I have such an appreciation for cool gear and the way guys use it.

AWESOME sounding rig. Pics are a moral imperative.

• Members

I dont have any fancy diagrams, probably cause my rack is simple.

Guitar -> Axess GRX 4: (Loop 1 is Boss EQ, Loop 3 is DTR 2000) -> Decimator loop 1-> engl pre -> FX send -> Decimator loop 2 -> Rocktron Xpression (splits to stereo) -> Engl FX return -> engl out -> randall rt2/50--> cab - > brutals!

• Members

Rack front:

rack_front.jpg

Back:

rack_back.jpg

Floor:

rack_floor.jpg

Routing:

Guitar

X2 Wireless in

X2 Wireless out

Dunlop 535Q Input

Dunlop 535Q Output

Axess BS-2 Input

Axess BS-2 Main Output

ISP Decimator Channel A Input

ISP Decimator Channel A Output

Axess GRX-4 IN:Buf

Axess GRX-4 Loop 1 SND

ADA MP-1 3TM Input

ADA MP-1 3TM Output

ISP Decimator Channel B Input

ISP Decimator Channel B Output

Axess GRX-4 Loop 1 RTN

Axess GRX-4 Loop 2 SND

Axe FX Input 1 L

Axe FX Output 1 L

ADA MP-1 3TM Output

Axess GRX-4 Loop 2 RTN

Axess GRX-4 Loop 2 SND

Axess GRX-4 In (Next to Loop 4 SND/NC)

Axess GRX-4 OUT/NO

VHT Input

Roland EV-5

Axe FX Pedal L

• Members

I run the G-System as the "brains" of my setup. The guitar goes straight into the G-System, which passes the signal onto my 50/50.

In the five loops of the G-System i have (in the following order ;)): Engl E530, ADA MP-1, Soldano SP-77 mkII, Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp and lastly a G-Major.

I suppose this is pretty self explanatory - apart from the G-Major, which i mostly use for switching channels on the SP-77 and the Studio Pre, and for a few of my patches it does post preamp compression, and/or pitch shifting, as these effect blocks are located before the loops on the G-System, and for some of my leads, it just sounds better post-drive :)

• Members

JuggsRig.jpg

My humble little set-up.......Soon anyways, I "should" have my M4 next week, and then I'll be picking up a couple of the Egnater cabs after that. So this is what my Rig WILL look like in the next month or so.
:thu:

Those Eggie cabs are so nice... :thu:

• Members

Sounds like a ground loop issue.

I think it is, just haven't had time to find out how to solve it. I recently got some of those hum free rack screws with the plastic inserts but not had time to try them yet. As this is all in a 4U rack I don't think I can stop the chassis' touching anyway which I believe is necessary to eliminate ground loops.

• Members

I think it is, just haven't had time to find out how to solve it. I recently got some of those hum free rack screws with the plastic inserts but not had time to try them yet. As this is all in a 4U rack I don't think I can stop the chassis' touching anyway which I believe is necessary to eliminate ground loops.

Try lifting the ground on the laney.

Don't know if you've seen this but if not check it out:

http://taylorguitars.com/see-hear/Video.aspx?file=Ground_Loops_High.wmx

Archived