Who Uses Marshalls with 10" Speakers??

• Members

I have an old 8x10 marshall cabinet with a 50w head...only has 6 speakers in it....never was crazy about the tone from it but it all depends on what ur lookin' for also....I am looking for a 4x12 slant cab..I think the 12's give a more fuller midrange tone (I play alot of metal) then the 10's.,..also a smoother sound....not crazy with the tonal quality of the 10's...could also be the speakers are almost 30 years old??!!

I don't blame you for posting here...in the amp forum your thread gets lost...most of the time never answered...IMO...

• Members

For those of us who aren't able to magically tell for certain...

Is the OP definately talking about bass cabs, or guitar cabs???
:confused:

Steve.

I think its pretty safe to say guitar cabsm since Marshall 4x10 guitar cabs are pretty popular and I've never seen a Marshall 4x10 bass cab. Plus, the poster is planning on getting a 50 watt Marshall head, more than likely a guitar amp as well.

• Members

I bought it with a Music Man 65 watt head and it was awesome but the lack of reverb on the MM head made me change to a MM 65 2x10 so I patch that into the cabinet and run 6x10's and it sounds great...I just never see 4x10's when I see Marshall's on stage always 4x12's

They've made quite a few different 4x10's over the years.

Archived