Fun gig. Being shot at the whole time!

rodclement

• Members

We played a local carnival this past Sunday. Easy gig, daytime, only 3 hours, they had an awesome stage and tent for us, all very fine and good except...we were set against the back of one of the attractions...the shooting gallery!!!!

You know the one! The air driven machine guns that shoot pellets in very loud bursts! Yep that one! The back of their truck is alluminum and every time someone was shooting, we heard it very loud and clear, VERY LOUD AND CLEAR! Crazy!

By the end of the gig, we were even trying to match the rhytim of the shooting into our songs, it was almost comical that whomever decided on the layout of the event planned the loudest attraction back-to-back with the live music! SO now I have a new request when booking gigs...make sure we are not besides the shooting gallery! :)

Rod

• Moderators

My band has done two picnics a year for about ten years at a site which puts our set-up 30 yards from the LAPD San Pedro firing range...I feel your pain, but 9mm and 40 cal rounds are a lot louder than those pellet guns ;)

They do try to fire in time with the music... :lol:

• Members

From the thread title, it sounds like the July 4th party out on a farm, that i played with a band at this year. Some drunk young woman got hold of a shotgun, and several guys were showing her how to shoot it.

We finished early and left while we were still unscathed.

Archived