Happy Thanksgiving All!

AlamoJoe

• Members

Back atcha as well!

I am thankful for family and friends and my girlfriend, a cool job that allows me to teach amazing beautiful sp. ed. students, the ability to stay continually creative with music and photography, the mountains, the ocean, whoever invented hummus and dolma, whoever first discovered garlic, good health, traveling around the world, clothes that don't itch, beer, Willie the three-legged cat, Brian Eno, Javanese gamelan music, deep-tissue massage, electric shavers, yoga, my fifth grade teacher, anyone who has ever given me directions when I was lost, people smiling at me, shatterproof glass, great weather, and anyone with a good sense of humor.

I am also thankful for Lawson microphones and ADAM monitors, Mexico, tortas with guacamole and carne asada, Canada, Tokina, Buddha, Radiohead, bass players and drummers who can play in time so it makes those of us playing guitar sound better, whoever invented peach cobbler, Ben and Jerry, my grandmother, Velcro, olive oil, whoever first discovered garlic (or did I say that already?), my friend Paul who made me a beautiful redwood guitar, my sp. ed. staff, everyone who has never run into me while I've been walking or driving, the entire country of India, Fayaz and his family in Kashmir, heirloom tomatoes, Franziskaner, Sam Adams, Amoeba Records, onions, analog tape, anyone with a lovely British accent, banghan barta, the travelers who cheered me up in Ghana, Walter Payton, whoever invented hammocks....

...the sixth grader who helped me when I was being picked on by several kids when I was in 4th grade, brown rice, Alice Coltrane, everyone who has ever helped me with a computer problem (and that's quite a few!), turmeric, Lebanese food, whoever came up with the idea of long exposure photography, anyone who "likes" my photos here on Facebook, West Virginia and the people who inhabit that beautiful land, my friends from Chicago who kept in touch and kept writing letters after I moved until there was such a thing as the internet, microfiber wipes, Monterey clam chowder, and anyone who is patient with my forgetfulness, hyperactivity, and self-frustration.

Thank you all, and thank you very much.

Archived