Is There A Buttn On Here Somewhere

MikeRivers

• CMS Author

.. that takes you directly back to the forum you've been reading and not make me scroll down through Articles, Expert Reviews, Duffer Reviews, and News before I get down to the list of posts? If I just read a post, the web browser's Back button will take me back to where I was on the list of topics. But if I've posted a reply, the Back button does just what it's supposed to do and takes me back to the editor where I was writing the reply.

I've taken to opening the post in a new browser tab and get back to the list by closing that tab - this works whether or not I've written a reply.

I used to get back to the topic list by clicking on the Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio, and Stage link at the bottom of the page, but now when I do that it goes back to all the "features" at the top of the forum topic list.

• CMS Author
Not sure I understand the problem. I just click on "Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio, and Stage" above the top banner or at the bottom, just below the last post, to get back to the list of topics...one click. Does that qualify as a button?

That's what I do - click on the Craig Anderton's .... at the bottom of the page. Doing that gets me the list of topics, too, but they're below the news, reviews, and stuff. I don't mind seeing that when I first start a session of reading through the fourm, but I find it annoying to have to scroll through it all to every time in order to get to the next topic after I've saved a reply.

But .. . this time it didn't do that, it took me directly to the first topic in the discussions. Maybe someone fixed it, or maybe it's because I edited the post rather than replied or started a new topic.

• Members

If I edit a post or reply to a post, clicking on "Craig Anderton's etc." takes me back to the list of topics...no news, no reviews. If I post a new topic, then i get sent back to what I just posted, presumably so I could admire my handiwork. Then if I click on "Craig Anderton's etc." I'm back to the list of topics...no news, no reviews. No matter what I do, I get back to the list of topics with one click and no news or reviews.

• CMS Author
I guess mine just works differently. I'd take a screenshot video and post it but I don't know how.

Oh, wait a minute. That time I got back to the top of the Forum topics list without all the news features. Maybe it has to do with replying with a quote rather than just using the quick reply?

Nope, not that either. Maybe it just displays the stuff I don't want to read when it thinks I haven't read it before.

• CMS Author

Not much point to that. You need to see that I clicked in the right place (I did). It's been bringing me back to what I always see when I first enter the forum. But for my last few posts it's brought me back to the Topics list where I want to be. I think someone fixed it or pulled the plug out for a minute and plugged it back in.

But maybe this one will be magic.

Archived