Stereogum asks: Have we reached Peak Vinyl?

blue2blue

• Members

On the heels of Craig's meditation on the vinyl the staying potential of the vinyl resurgence, comes this article investigating both some practical and cultural challenges facing it:

Have We Reached Peak Vinyl?

After an almost decade-long don’t-call-it-a-comeback, vinyl looks poised for a comeuppance. The [production] capacity limitations troubling [small labels] have been covered extensively over the past year. Another focus of criticism and backlash has been the vinyl shoppers’ annual holiday: Record Store Day. Amid growing acknowledgement that vinyl may not sound discernibly better than other formats — just different — the next targets of (self?) mockery have been vinyl enthusiasts themselves; as evidenced, for instance, in a recent New Yorker cartoon, captioned, “The two things that really drew me to vinyl were the expense and the inconvenience.” See, it’s funny because … well, you know.

• Members

Yes....this may be a sign that we've reached peak vinyl. Or peak SOMETHING....

Beard comb "Grably" designed with longer thicker teeth and increased spacing between them, the No.15 allows you to tackle your long, thick, curly beard with ease. As your beard grows, so does it's grooming needs.

Made out of old vinyl records.

http://www.upstairs-shop.com/grably-beard.html

grably-17.jpg

• Members
Made out of old vinyl records.

That's good, that's very good.

When I was a kid, while I loved to save up for those Red Seals and Command Records virgin vinyl disks, my childish (I was 14, sue me) love of spy music led me to some pretty dicey pressings.

More than a couple of them seemed to have been pressed on 'vinyl' composed of old combs. And maybe some beard hair.

Archived