Ass kickin' drummer!!! And he is only 12!

Ryst

• Members

Funny thing, I posted that vid in the drum forum and got cussed the hell out!! I guess there are too many folks pissed they weren't that good at 12...if ever.;)

The kid is amazing!!

I was trying to tell myself the whole time I watched that the "kid" was really a 36yr old who was vertically challenged, but ya gotta admit, the kid has "it" by the truckload!

Can you imagine him in 10 years?

• Members

ok, i think i'm going to crawl under a rock! man! funny, but as a 4 year old i wanted to play drums, but my parents wouldn't let me... as a 7 year old, i wanted to play guitar, but my parents never seemed to care... as a 13 year old i wanted an electric guitar, but my step father insisted i learn classical, and not rock electric... so, it wasn't until 16 that i finally bought my own guitar... wonder what would have happened if i started at age 7?

i hope these kids can find a good path, and not get wrapped up in all the bs that could come with such talent at such young ages...

paulski

• Members

He's not 12 anymore. He's over 21, and he's been playing since he was 3.

In a way, I don't envy those kids too much. Yes, they are very talented, and it would be very cool to be so young and meet all of your heros, and play on David Letterman, and so on, but what happens when you stop being just a kid? You know, a kid who goes out and rides his bike, plays with his friends, goes to school, chases the girls, and just has fun.

I think there is a trade-off to be in the public eye as a child star, or a prodigy, and I'm not so sure it's a trade-off worth making.

• Members

Originally posted by Super 8

He's not 12 anymore. He's over 21, and he's been playing since he was 3.

In a way, I don't envy those kids too much. Yes, they are very talented, and it would be very cool to be so young and meet all of your heros, and play on David Letterman, and so on, but what happens when you stop being just a kid? You know, a kid who goes out and rides his bike, plays with his friends, goes to school, chases the girls, and just has fun.

I think there is a trade-off to be in the public eye as a child star, or a prodigy, and I'm not so sure it's a trade-off worth making.

Yes, it's called "The Mozart Syndrome"... What happens when everybody stops thinking you're "cute" ?

Archived