Blackbird Guitars Lucky 13 or Rainsong Parlor

blankski

• Members

Need opinions on which is the better choice - Blackbird Guitars Lucky 13 or Rainsong Parlor?

I setup a quick poll here:

https://app.ixsium.com/shared/poll/53ee2f0d2ba4580800865cf1?q=which-guitar-is-better-blackbird-guitars-lucky-13-or-rainsong-parlor&src=link

If anyone can provide a recommendation for either that would be enormously helpful

• Members

A friend just bought a Rainsong Parlor but I haven't yet played it. This might give me an excuse. You probably know that there is an article in the latest Acoustic Guitar mag about one of the Blackbird models and all the weird places they played it. I have no experience on the Blackbird but I will report back on the Rainsong

btw - he bought it to be strictly a travel guitar - how do you plan to use yours?

• Members

I signed on to a Blackbird Lucky 13 road trip from MacNichol Guitars in Salt Lake City about 2 years ago.

I've owned and enjoyed a CA GX Pro for many years now, built before they closed their doors and were reborn under the Peavey umbrella.

13 frets to the body is a good compromise IMHO. I liked the body size and it was as comfortable as my CA. I would have bought it had I not already owned a nice composite.

By the way, to the best of my knowledge, MacNichol has the broadest selection of composites from all the major makers, they host a composite forum which is pretty active, including a FS board, and the management of the store is pretty nice, near as I can figure.

Anyone considering a composite would be well-advised to include MacNichol in their investigation.

Archived