Pls recommend a good XLR to USB adaptor

kwakatak

• Members

My recording setup is antiquated and overly complicated. It's also analog and produces a lot of white noise in the signal chain so it must go. That being said, I love my microphone and want to continue using it. It's a Studio Projects large condenser microphone that was made in China. I want to be able to record on my laptop but all it has are USB inputs. As for software I'm leaning toward downloading Reaper again though I also have Audacity.

I saw that Shure makes something along those lines but it's $100. Is there anything else out there that's cheaper and at least halfway decent?

• Members

I bought a Roland "Duo-Capture EX" - it has two XLR / standard 1/4" inputs and USB output, plus MIDI, monitor, phantom power and a bunch of other stuff that I don't have a clue how to use. It came with Cakewalk recording software which I've figured out about 2 percent. Its more than your Shure unit, but its really an entire mini studio in one box. One of these days I'm going to figure out how to use it.

• Members

On the cheap, there's this:http://www.ebay.com/itm/XLR-Female-to-USB-Male-3m-9ft-Black-Cable-Cord-Adapter-Microphone-Link-/360658115517?pt=US_Cables_Snakes_Interconnects&hash=item53f8e61bbd

I've used one, with one of my Shure mics, for a lot of fast demos (and several VOM1Ts, as well).

Archived