Look at all this Brazilian Rosewood

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at all this Brazilian Rosewood

No way this is legal:

http://www.observer.com/2011/11/want-to-see-sandy-weills-88m-apartment/#slide3
    "I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory." - Murphy's Other Laws

No way this is legal:

http://www.observer.com/2011/11/want-to-see-sandy-weills-88m-apartment/#slide3

Money talks.
    Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 YamahaA fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox "Big Ben" wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.

Comment

Must smell wonderful.

I read somewhere that back in the days, the biggest use of Brazillian rosewood was in the manufacture of caskets. Furniture next, musical instruments a very small part of the total.

Comment

Which is better, Indian or Brazilian?

Comment

meh, stumpwood,

Comment

depends on whether you like orange & black (Brazil) or blood-red & black (Indian)
            at this point, Brazil is very rare - most sustainability in the east . . .
            an expert on what it feels like to be me
            & you are who you google
            http://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1

Comment

I think I would prefer to be buried in Brazilian. But, I'm a wild kind of guy.

Comment

Actually, I LOVE the looks of very good SEA rosewood like Binh uses in his better builts. I've seen Braz and I'm not that much in love with it, visually spoken.
                Maybe it's because I've mostly seen SEA rosewood in my life and less braz? Dunno...

Comment

That's just veneer paneling. You probably couldn't make guitars out of it.
                  "I don't want to be immortalized through my work. I want to be immortalized by not dying." Woody Allen

Comment

That is Sandy Weill we're talking about. No plywood in that apartment.
                    __________________________________________________ _________
                    Proud reject from the HCAG Civil Posters Society.

Comment

It should have been snake wood.....but I guess if you're on a budget.....
                      "I don't want to be immortalized through my work. I want to be immortalized by not dying." Woody Allen

Comment

...I read somewhere that back in the days, the biggest use of Brazillian rosewood was in the manufacture of caskets...

New source of Braz rosewood. Old graves. Better than stumpwood.
                        __________________________________________________ _________
                        Proud reject from the HCAG Civil Posters Society.

Comment

he can afford it.......or should I say we can afford to give it to him !

Comment

I saw on NBC news last night that the money from the sale was donated to charity. That's kind of cool!
                            Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr. Seuss
                            -------------------------------
                            Guild GAD JF-30
                            Guild D212 12 Westerly,RI 1981
                            Lyle Hummingbird
                            Holloway Harp Guitar
                            Lyle ES335
                            HCAG Civil Posters Society #10
                            My Music: http://www.reverbnation.com/bobstarr

Comment

I think I would prefer to be buried in Brazilian. But, I'm a wild kind of guy.

I'll share here : really don't care what color the wood of MY casket . . .

just take an audio recording of the event @ 96khz - not unsufferable @44.1khz

:satiire:

peace
                              an expert on what it feels like to be me
                              & you are who you google
                              http://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1

Comment

Working...
                              X