Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmony Stella H6134 Parlor Guitar

How much would you pay for one of these? Someone on craigslist is offering me one with a gigbag for $250, which seems a bit steep to me.
    spam:
    none at the moment

I am on the good traders list
    great deals with InertiacSKS, Misle, OldCrankyDouche, DigiTechRep, and more that I forgot about

If you don't like what I like, I don't like you. fight me.

Harmony Stellas are not the legendary Stellas of the 1930's. However a few people like them for bluesy sort of stuff. With an absolutely perfect neck angle I would say it might be worth a hundred bucks or so, if the neck angle is not good you've got a pretty bad slide guitar that really isn't worth much of anything.

Comment

Freeman is pretty accurate in his assessment.
      God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

Yeah, they're not really worth much more than $75-100. For some reason, people have really been asking a lot for old Harmonies and Stellas lately.
        Spam:
        Peavey Classic 30 - http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...3#post42751063

Comment

Yeah, they're not really worth much more than $75-100. For some reason, people have really been asking a lot for old Harmonies and Stellas lately.

Yeah, I was really surprised when the guy said $250. I mean, I like old Harmonys/Stellas and they have character and all, but $250? For $250 or a little more, I could grab myself a nice lawsuit-era guitar.
          spam:
          none at the moment

great deals with InertiacSKS, Misle, OldCrankyDouche, DigiTechRep, and more that I forgot about

Comment

Im kinda in the frame of mind of Harmonys being 50 to 75 bucks -guess that shows my age .At the time they were that price i though of them being over priced .
            But I see them on the net for 3 to 5 hundred dollars , its like i was in a coma and now everyone likes these 60's cheap guitars all of a sudden .
            But back around that time you could buy great guitars , used Martins, Guilds and Gibsons for 2-3 hundred used -( im not kidding )

Comment

I've been pining away for sometime for a parlor size Harmony/Stella but I refuse to pay anything more than $100.00 for one. As far as I'm concern paying a c note is too much. Some how the folks over at evil- eBay have convince some these guitars are worth a couple hundred. No.
              Trina

Westerly Guild Guitars - Website
              http://www.westerlyguildguitars.com/index.htm

outdoorgb
              My goal was/is to be "Campfire Good".

Stackabones
              What's "campfire good"? I've been around some campfires where the players were pretty good.

outdoorgb
              So if that is "campfire good"...and that is my goal...Then I guess I'll stick to "candle good" until I improve...

Comment

Yeah, the price seems silly to me.

Thanks!
                spam:
                none at the moment

Comment

For $299 you purchase a new Art & Lutherie Ami cedar top parlor including case
                  Be always alert to the difference between righteousness and self-righteousness. We all have a tendency to cross the line from defender of the innocent to the attacker of the wicked. If you go looking for dragons to slay, it is surprising what will soon look like a dragon to you.

Comment

Working...
                  X