• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musicians friend sucks!!!

I hate that thing.

ESPECIALLY considering they own GC.

It's the wal-mart of music stores.

Horrible.

Good selection, crappy service by college kids who don't know anything about guitar.

I walked in there once and a guy walks up to me and asks me if I need help and I tell him I'm just looking.

I start checking out some teles, strats, etc.

The dude walks up to me and asks me if there's anything I'm looking for.

I tell him I'm just looking for something to blow my christmas money one and, since I'm not old enough to be considered as an experienced guitarist, the dude tells me that the first thing I have to decide on is if I like the two-pickup gibson system or the three pickup fender system, while I'm standing right here staring at a DISTINCLY TWO-PICKUP FENDER TELECASTER.

I almost told him that I perfer two-pikcup telecasters and three-pickup Black Beauty 'Pauls, but I just walked out of the store.

Plus the smoke on the water playing over the din in that place was annoying the heck out of me.

So GC sucks, at least around here.

And I don't like MF becase they support GC.

I'll be shopping at my tiny local store from now on, which I like much better.

Those guys actually somewhat know what they're talking about.

Good Deals With: Jim Hunter, ck3, troublehead, usebigwords, woopah, 51504life, theweight, swipesy, cobalt-60, Overwhelmed987, Friction (IRL), Zygoat, and that Rev. Blanchard guy that sold me an awesome case.

I'm actually a Music123 fan. When I'm at a GC and don't want to be "bugged" I just tell them I'm picking up some picks and just looking. That usually sends 'em away.

Also...I must say, I have a salesguy-Dave at my local GC who's a fantastic guy. He knows his ****************, he's mellow, not pushy, and hooks me up completely. I met him because I was interested in purchasing something at a "mega" sale price, but couldn't do it until the sale was over. Dave told me not to worry about it, he'd give me sales prices anytime. Since then, he's sold me everything at below online pricing...So finding a good, informed, trustable sales guy is a HUGE advantage.

Last thing...if anyone wants the location and full name of the sales guy, PM me. It's in the DC area...

(and no, it's not me or a friend...)

Comment

Actually, Guitar Center owns Musicians Friend. MF is simply GC's online store.

Comment

Originally posted by chu2
        I don't like MF becase they support GC.

Move up here to Canada bud, let Long & McQuade's show you whats up!
        Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

Originally posted by TomVanDeven

Do they have a web site?

Comment

Originally posted by TomVanDeven

You must be kidding right
            Mods deleted my quote

Originally posted by OneArmedScissors
            OH SWEET I AM GONNA GET LIKE 27 OF THEM AND STICK THEM ALL OVER MY BODY AND WIMINZ WILL LOVE IT WILL BE LIKE A PARTY 24/7!

Comment

Originally posted by chu2
              I hate that thing.

ESPECIALLY considering they own GC.

It's the wal-mart of music stores.

Horrible.

Good selection, crappy service by college kids who don't know anything about guitar.

I walked in there once and a guy walks up to me and asks me if I need help and I tell him I'm just looking.

I start checking out some teles, strats, etc.

The dude walks up to me and asks me if there's anything I'm looking for.

I tell him I'm just looking for something to blow my christmas money one and, since I'm not old enough to be considered as an experienced guitarist, the dude tells me that the first thing I have to decide on is if I like the two-pickup gibson system or the three pickup fender system, while I'm standing right here staring at a DISTINCLY TWO-PICKUP FENDER TELECASTER.

I almost told him that I perfer two-pikcup telecasters and three-pickup Black Beauty 'Pauls, but I just walked out of the store.

Plus the smoke on the water playing over the din in that place was annoying the heck out of me.

So GC sucks, at least around here.

And I don't like MF becase they support GC.

I'll be shopping at my tiny local store from now on, which I like much better.

Those guys actually somewhat know what they're talking about.

oh wow man, like you are soooo cool
              Hey, Cancer! **************** You!

Comment

Originally posted by bjcarl

Do they have a web site?

Yes they do but they dont list anything on theri site the last time i checked
                Mods deleted my quote

Originally posted by OneArmedScissors
                OH SWEET I AM GONNA GET LIKE 27 OF THEM AND STICK THEM ALL OVER MY BODY AND WIMINZ WILL LOVE IT WILL BE LIKE A PARTY 24/7!

Comment

You could always the dude to go away and continue what you were doing.. works for me. Just don't expect to be able to ask too many questions.
                  http://www.thewonderyearsband.com - Pop punk. On tour forever.
                  http://whybother.bandcamp.com - Rock and roll. NEW EP
                  http://scheduleofnoplan.bandcamp.com/ - Post/math-rock.

Comment

Originally posted by supercow3

You must be kidding right

Nope! I think that store is great, especially the one in Toronto on Bloor St.
                    I bought a bunch of stuff from there, and rented even more. Dirt cheap prices, and the guys behind the desk are all really laid back and helpful.
                    Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

Originally posted by i51423
                      You could always the dude to go away and continue what you were doing.. works for me. Just don't expect to be able to ask too many questions.

why would he have to? sounds like he knows everything already

honestly, how pathetic are you that you have to constantly try to one-up a salesman at GC? it's just some guy doing a crappy job. and people like this make it crappier
                      Hey, Cancer! **************** You!

Comment

I've used Musican's Friend for 6 years with no problems and have always been treated with respect.

Of course it may have something to do with not being an ASS!
                        Back from the Dead, yet again.

Comment

MF is pretty good, they also get a bunch of exclusive items at great prices. If you boycott every company with stupid employees on the salesfloor, you might as well build yourself a cabin somewhere deep in the woods and avoid society Or you can get over yourself and just deal with it. Now theres a thought!
                          acoustic rig: Larrivee D-50, Stonebridge 32SM OM, Takamine EAC48 Santa Fe, Takamine John Jorgenson, Takamine EC132S Roland AC60

electric rig:
                          guitars: ESP CS strat, AJC LP, Ibanez RG1570, Godin Redline1,
                          amps: Dr Z Z-28 head, Mesa F-30 head, Dr Z 2x10 convertible, Mesa Recto 2x12
                          effects: EBVPJr, Korg Pitchblack, EHX English Muff'n, Diamond Fireburst, Diamond Compressor, Barber Burn Unit EQ, Maxon Phasetone, DLS Chorus Vib, EHX SMMH, Hardwire DL8, EHX Holier Grail

Comment

Originally posted by jjpistols

why would he have to? sounds like he knows everything already

You raise a very good point.

Salesmen are salesmen. Some actually do learn about the product they are selling.. others don't. It should be obvious as to who will get more returning customers. It's a shame that not everyone learns the ins and outs of their products.
                            http://www.thewonderyearsband.com - Pop punk. On tour forever.
                            http://whybother.bandcamp.com - Rock and roll. NEW EP
                            http://scheduleofnoplan.bandcamp.com/ - Post/math-rock.

Comment

Sounds like you got what you deserved.

Comment

Working...
                              X