Best guitar for under $500.00?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best guitar for under $500.00?

Ok, yes, I'm a cheap-ass.

So, what's the best guitar I could get for under $500.00?

I want to play anywhere from hard rock to all out metal.

I'd prefer a Humbucker(N)-Humbucker(B) setup.

I NEVER USE TREMOLO, so I don't want a guitar with one on it.

I've taken a liking to ESP and Ibanez recently.
    I like the ESP AX series, I was considering the AX-260.

I SHOULD ALSO MENTION: I'm NOT hell bent on an aggressive shape. Even a strat shape is fine by me, if it's got 2 humbuckers and a fast neck/low action.

I was looking at this:
    http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG321-Electric-Guitar?sku=512492
    MERRY FREAKIN' CHRISTMAS.

floyd or no floyd

Comment

No Floyd. I'll edit that into my post.

Comment

Used gibson faded flying V.

Comment

Eh, I don't like Gibsons that much (don't hate me, it's an opinion!). I prefer a 25.5" scale, most of their guitars are 24.75". Also, I prefer a Maple neck, not Mahogany.

Comment

Epiphone G-400 1966. Lol. It has a nice neck, even though it isn't maple.
            Don't be a slave to public perception.

Good Deals: Drasp, Blueballoon, Islandamp, DarkAegis, GregOvertone, OnWingsofLead, Matterday, Erim, Drummerdarko, Patrick F

Comment

Eh, I don't like Gibsons that much (don't hate me, it's an opinion!). I prefer a 25.5" scale, most of their guitars are 24.75". Also, I prefer a Maple neck, not Mahogany.

Squier vintage modified and classic vibe series are the best cheap can buy.

Comment

25.5" scale
                maple neck
                no trem
                $500
                You might want to replace the pickups

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-PTStandard-Electric-Guitar?sku=513042
                Member of the SG Army - In rock-n-roll alliance with the Mazi Bee Militia

Gear:
                Epiphone G-400 with Tonerider Rocksongs
                EHX Knockout - Tonerider Ao-1 American Overdrive - Barber DD - Rocktron Cyborg Digital Destiny Delay - MXR 6-band EQ
                Traynor YCV40
                Alvarez Regent Series RF20SM
                Alvarez Yairi CY-118 Classical

Comment

epiphone
                  My band: The Letter 3

Comment

Are you looking at used stuff? In today's economy $500 cash will buy a very nice second hand guitar. Craig's list is flooded with sellers in my area. I like Carvins and they are inexpensive used. A DC127 would be nice.
                    Korg Triton Extreme, Yamaha CP33, Vermona Lancet Mono, Voce V3, M Audio Venom
                    Carvin TL60t, G&L S500 tribute, Agile AL3010 > Carvin MTS Combo Korg AX3000G

Bus to Neptune
                    www.bustoneptune.com

Comment

25.5" scale
                      maple neck
                      no trem
                      $500
                      You might want to replace the pickups

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-PTStandard-Electric-Guitar?sku=513042

Not to sound rude, but I would NEVER buy that guitar. I absolutely hate the Tele shape.

Comment

Are you looking at used stuff? In today's economy $500 cash will buy a very nice second hand guitar. Craig's list is flooded with sellers in my area. I like Carvins and they are inexpensive used. A DC127 would be nice.

I prefer new.

Comment

If you look around you could probably find a late fifties or early sixties single pickup single cutaway Danelectro or Danelectro-made Silvertone for around $500. And if you use your imagination you can bring teh metlz on them.

Comment

I'm a little hasty about single pickup guitars. I like ones with 2 or more. *Between 2 and 3.

Comment

I'm a little hasty about single pickup guitars. I like ones with 2 or more. *Between 2 and 3.

K. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-1966-G-400-Electric-Guitar-102676350-i1166714.gc

you can probably find it in a Heritage Cherry Stain as well. If you're going Epi SG, get the 1966. Best quality, and it is custom shop.
                              Don't be a slave to public perception.

Good Deals: Drasp, Blueballoon, Islandamp, DarkAegis, GregOvertone, OnWingsofLead, Matterday, Erim, Drummerdarko, Patrick F

Comment

Working...
                              X