Show your ultimate 80's guitars.

Crunchtime

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mine is a little updated...hope I can still play along...:thu:

This is my 1982 Carvin DC200k. I just took out the humbuckers and replaced them with a set of Bryan's Pure90s (which absolutely freakin' rock!....thanks again Bryan!), new electronics/pots, along with new aluminum pickup rings/truss rod cover/rear cover made by Dave Wescott (who did an awesome job also) from fretsonthenet.com.

Carvin001.jpg

Carvin002.jpg

Carvin004.jpg

Carvin005.jpg

Carvin006.jpg

• Members

Just sold this one:

4035810468_a327e4ab35.jpg

- because the neck was too skinny and I'd picked up a Westone Pantera to replace it:

4022846931_964bb6b9eb.jpg

And then there are these two:

3354123871_2b1155bed8.jpg

4084414488_0ab82b8a9b.jpg

I know -- none of them are quite OTT enough to go with a 2-foot Aqua-Net mane, more makeup than a Sunset Strip hooker, and a half-dozen dayglo-animal-print bandanas tied around every extremity -- but I was always more of an early-80s guy anyway.

• Members

Do you know what year it is? It is absolutely beautiful. I've been wanting an older BC Rich for a long time and never run across them. Maybe some day!

Thank you! yup, it was born August of '83. Yeah they pop up once in a while, and even less often at a decent price.. but when you get your hands on "the one" it will be absolutely worth it:thu:

Archived