X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFFECTS!!!!! Suggest me a fun one!

So I have a one spot with five spots. I am currently running:

-Toadworks Meat Jr (boost w/ fat switch) into...
    - EffectsPedalBoutique SRB-808 (modded ts-808 w/ a couple toggles for clipping and fatness) into...
    -TC Polytune into my amp, then the effects loop has...
    -BBE Two Timer (analog delay w/ footswitchable times, bout 330ms)

I want somethin else.

I play (gasp) punk rawk (totally inferior, I know) with the occasional raggae/ska bit and then sometimes we get kinda hard ish core ish. I dunno. (Ever seen air heads, when the guy asks them what kind of music they play...)

Anyhoo, the extra plug is itchin a hole in my paypal account, I want another effect, open to ALL suggestions, spam me even, providing these criteria are met:

-QUALITY, true bypass, good components, you know
    -Small, mxr style enclosure or smaller ala echo baby or malekko omicron (damn pedalboard space!!!)
    -Must run off 9 Volts (or at least a voltage that has a respective 1 spot adapter piece)
    -200usd is pretty much my limit, but cheap is good!

So, what's floatin your boat right now???? I'm open to ANY style effect, SUGGEST!!!!
    Sometimes you follow your heart. Sometimes your heart cuts a fart. That's the cosmic shame.Charvel So Cals More Guitars Amp PedalsMy Band Site w/ Player

Good Deals w: MMcquain, brokenarrow5, freaksho, dandy13, murff, 1uncertain3, Jigowatt, WillPlayforFood, silverring233, tfancil, ATauO, thesense, adamsa, tlhamon

SPAM

Comment

Comment

Phaser.

Works for the '70's reggae sound (pretty much a staple of Marley stuff) and it's great...super great...for thickening up the solos for anything from classic rock through punk...it was very big for fattening up solos in the '70's, thick Thin Lizzy, EVH and such.

I recommend the MXR CSP-026 Handwired 1974 Vintage Phase 90 Pedal, skip the cheaper Phase 90's. But if you want true bypass you'll have to swap the switch out yourself or get one of the boutique clones.

Comment

my god every one should have a wah, its less a pedal and more of an instrument in itself
          Websitehttp://timothymschmidt.comYouTubehttp://www.youtube.com/user/jackharper24?feature=mheeFacebookhttp://www.facebook.com/TimothyMSchmidtActorTwitter: @Timothy_Schmidthttps://twitter.com/#!/Timothy_Schmidt

Comment

Yeah, I was considering a phase or chorus or something, I've got some research to do!

THANKS GUYS!!!

I'll check out everything you post so, rest assured, you suggest not in vain.
            Sometimes you follow your heart. Sometimes your heart cuts a fart. That's the cosmic shame.Charvel So Cals More Guitars Amp PedalsMy Band Site w/ Player

Comment

Fuzz pedal
              A few photos of my stuff

Comment

I'm having fun with phase as of late, it's a lot more versatile effect then I would have thought. Evh phase 90, though there are a ton of them out there. Not sure how well it fits with punk, but it might.

The most useful effect that I have ever used is a loop pedal, something like 30 seconds or so. Improved my playing immeasurably. Doing leads over a made up chord sections. Also it really pushes you with you song composition, love it as tool, just a great help. I use the EHX SMMH, but you have delay already, so that is likely not your best choice, the delay on there is nice too though, fun. maybe sell the bbe?

Comment

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
                  Originally Posted by conky

Yeah, it was great, have you seen the one where he shoves a screwdriver handle up his urethra?

Originally Posted by joeydahlia

hahahaha..it's ok..I am better now .... I took my meds...

Originally Posted by Anderton

This thread was just reported for trolling. But, it should have been reported for exceptionally dumb trolling. Due to failing to comply with that technicality, it won't be deleted.

Comment

Whatever this is, is not showing up on my phone, text link perhaps???

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBtDnPfqhhg&feature=player_embedded
                      Originally Posted by conky

Yeah, it was great, have you seen the one where he shoves a screwdriver handle up his urethra?

Originally Posted by joeydahlia

hahahaha..it's ok..I am better now .... I took my meds...

Originally Posted by Anderton

This thread was just reported for trolling. But, it should have been reported for exceptionally dumb trolling. Due to failing to comply with that technicality, it won't be deleted.

Comment

Swirliness for you! I liked the double function of the Bender, but one of the FX was quieter than the other. One for clean, one for dirt, maybe?

Founding member of the HC Seven-String Syndicate
                        Founding member of the HC Scalloped Squadron
                        Washburn Sonic 7 > V847 > Tube King > Nano Stone > Fender Champ 600

Originally Posted by cratz2

Your shirt is the manliest shirt I've ever witnessed.
                        And the fact that you haven't punched Cockbobbler Chickenguy in the naughty bits for making fun of it proves how much of a stud you truly are.

Comment

A Wah if you don't have one...

An expression pedal is a fun toy to have too!!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Sorry in advance for my "Engrish". My first language is French.

/Misha

Comment

wah. especially for punk.
                            -Dogtown Max

noisician/guitard for Black Dream
                            and some tronica stuff: CylonLovestick

Comment

FUZZ..listen to many different ones and choose wisely.
                              Guitars:
                              MIA Strat w/ kinmans
                              2007 Gibson Les Paul goldtop Classic

Amp:
                              marshall vintage modern 2466

Comment

Working...
                              X