Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Gibson Les Paul on ebay

Just found this guitar on ebay. Wondering if you guys could give me a price its worth. I play metal so i really like the EMGs in it. Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/1996-Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-Electric-Guitar-w-Case-/200576741451?pt=Guitar&hash=item2eb34e304b

Well its a les paul / I've never seen a standard in that color however.
    do your research prior to buying ,check around for similar guitars and compare ,Id say that as of the last bid its worth it,but
    I myself wouldnt go much higher .

Comment

It's not a Standard...

Four days left, and it's at $765...I'm with memphis joe, not worth going much than than that.
      Originally Posted by caveman

I'll bend over backwards to make things work but I'll be damned if I'll bend over forwards.

Digital Me

Comment

Not a standard (no binding on body and fretboard are a dead giveaway). Tuners and pus are replacements. Given that you have essentially a 90s studio with at least some mods (and how well done needs to be addressed) I think the current price is about as much as that warrants (perhaps more than it warrants...) DISCLAIMER: I am not an LP expert!!!
        You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it. -- Joe Strummer

Comment

I agree with Memphis Joe i don't think that is a standard..I don't see any binding that is normal on a Standard.It also has had Grovers put on it which to me is a plus but it doesn't appear to be a very neat job of it..I would research it heavily if i was you..I do believe it is a true Gibson but my question is what type..I'm not super knowledgeable about Les Pauls ..Hopefully someone will chime in that knows more..As for myself its a cool looking guitar but i would not pay over $800 for it...
          A life of chance for a breath of freedom...I'd rather die on my feet then live on my knees.

Comment

Looks nice though - like the black-on-blue hardware!

If you can get it for 800 maybe, but don't go too far.

Comment

Definitely looks like a Studio, not a Standard. Still seems to be a nice guitar though.
              http://simplehomerecording.com

Comment

I believe this is a Studio Lite. I had the same guitar (minus the EMGs) a few years ago.

Good guitars. but it is not a standard.
                Originally posted by fu2jobu"1999 was all about me wanting to find Lou Bega and giving him a few good bitch slaps. "FS/FT - LTD Mirage guitar with EMG pickups. (MIJ)http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/FS-FT-LTD-Mirage-guitar-emg-pickups/m-p/36167161/highlight/false#M290782

Comment

Thanks for the insight. I think i'll let this one pass then.

Comment

I believe this is a Studio Lite. I had the same guitar (minus the EMGs) a few years ago.

Good guitars. but it is not a standard.

Don't Studio Lite's have middle single coils?

EDIt: nope, apparently only some of them did. I love that color.
                    Peavey Ultra 120 Plus
                    Genz Benz G-Glex 2x12
                    Great transactions with: GuitarMan216, rockitsauce, lackingimpact, Ballfuzz, ToWillOneThing, airship71, litzilong, Exdeath, RUExp? (x2), Boris the Blade

Comment

Thanks for the insight. I think i'll let this one pass then.

There's nothing wrong with them. They actually have a pretty good reputation. I played one back in college that belonged to a friend, and I remember it being a really nice guitar.
                      Peavey Ultra 120 Plus
                      Genz Benz G-Glex 2x12
                      Great transactions with: GuitarMan216, rockitsauce, lackingimpact, Ballfuzz, ToWillOneThing, airship71, litzilong, Exdeath, RUExp? (x2), Boris the Blade

Comment

about half way down the page...

[COLOR="red"]CORRECTION: Guitar is a Studio not a Standard
                        MY BUILD THREADSCedar/Aspen Les Paul, Les Paul Build #2MY REFINISH THREADSWater Drop Dean VX, Grizzly Samba Firefly Kit, Kramer Frankenstrat'73 LP Custom, '04 LP Goldtop Classic, Marshall TSL122good transactions: RUExp?, JJPistols, Nevermind, OldFenderGuy. OsirisProtocol, twisty571, chemten, cavpilot, rwe416, tomr63, MaddogBob, danhauk, Mike Fiasco, Talic, Offthiscentury & iplayanesp

Comment

It might be a limited edition(Sam ash, mf, etc)...in any case, I couldn't see spending more than $700 on it, but if it's your thing....

The color and EMG's are pretty unique, imo

Comment

It' a Studio Lite and it's a standard color. The original pickups (500T/496R) have been swapped out as have the tuners. They usually run $700-$800 used (stock).
                            Gibson|Fender|Mesa Boogie

http://profileofaline.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Definitely a Studio Lite. In 1996, I went to my local Sam Ash weekly and played one just like it. It's not worth more than the bidding (at $738 as of writing this), as others have said. The mods make it undesirable for me. The stock pickups would have been better for metal, unless you're really into EMGs. I also don't like the look of the tuners, whether or not they are stable. However, those were nice guitars, and you don't often see blue Les Pauls. To me, that's the most valuable feature.
                              Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Working...
                              X