X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez 5-way switch !

I recently got myself an Ibanez RG7321FM. I honestly never knew there was such a thing as an "Ibanez special 5-way switch" for coil taps. (for dual humbuckers)

Just out of curiosity, as I'm installing Dimarzio Blazes in it pretty soon, I'm wondering if the coil taps would work the exact same way as the stock pups?

Or would I have to install a 3-way switch instead?

Thanks in advance!

Assuming the new pickups are 4 conductor pups then it should work the same. There are many 5 ways that will do coil splitting on humbuckers in positions 2 and 4.

Comment

Assuming the new pickups are 4 conductor pups then it should work the same. There are many 5 ways that will do coil splitting on humbuckers in positions 2 and 4.

This^^. guitarelectronics.com and others even have wiring diagrams for them.
      It's 4am woman make up your mind. EITHER SPIT IT OUT OR SWALLOW IT!!!

Comment

Assuming the new pickups are 4 conductor pups then it should work the same.

Is there a way to confirm that? I though all humbuckers were 4 conductor pups

Comment

It's usually mentioned on the product page. Most are 4 conductor these days but some more vintage styled ones can be 2 conductor models. Or come as both 4 and 2 conductor models. At least Seymour Duncan used to offer pickups that way.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="-2"><br />
          <a href="http://www.saunalahti.fi/laxu" target="_blank">&quot;Walking the fine line between bacon and Christian.&quot;</a></font></div>

Comment

Ah okay. Just checked on the website, they're all 4 conductors.

Thanks guys!

Comment

You can wire the Dimarzios to the standard Ibby 5 way switch, but the color codes are different!
              Go to ibanez.com, and find "wiring diagrams". Select "Guitar", and "1999" as your year model. Find the schematic for the RG7620. This is what you should follow. Have fun!
              <div class="signaturecontainer">Resident swirl guy <br />
              check out mah band: fusiony-metuhlz <a href="http://www.myspace.com/officialarc" target="_blank">www.myspace.com/officialarc</a><br />
              FOR SALE: Ibanez Lo Pro Edge bridge in GOLD with all the parts you need (...minus the bar!)! Nut, springs, posts, claw, etc... Bridge has some pitting/wear on the bass side. $75 and its all yours!</div>

Comment

Working...
              X