Collapse
No announcement yet.

D.I. Egnater Rebel 30 or Line6 HD500

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went for the Egnater Rebel 30 head, in black. What a sweet little amp! And I got it at a great price (way,way,way cheaper online than in the same company's shop!) Thanks for all your opinions!

Can't wait to see pictures!
    "Man who stand on toilet seat is high on pot"

The Squier Army
    The "Official" Stratocaster Club

2010 Gisbon Les Paul Studio
    2001 Fender Fat Strat
    1997 Squire Strat Project

Blackstar HT1RH w/ 1x12 Eminence Cab

Boss ME-50
    Whammy IV -> Vox 847 Wah ->TS9 -> Phase 90 -> DigiDelay -> Boss GE7 EQ

Good Transactions: PunkKitty, MetalGuitar08, conky

Comment

HD500 is no comparison to a real amp. I think the HD500 is a good modeler and probably one of the best out there. However, the HD500 is still not on par with a real amp. The OP already has a modeler, he should probably get a capable amp instead of a second modeler. After he records something, mixes, and adds effects, I promise you that the difference in tone between both modelers will be negligible.

All this you're saying, I get the impression you don't actually own or have experience with the HD. Otherwise, why when he asks about a POD HD are you offering up samples from a pod 2.0? They're not comparable. At all. I've been using pods from the Amp Farm through Guitarport, Pod2, Pod Farm, XT, and X3. They were all variations on the same **************** for 10+ years. HD is something completely new, both in the offered models and the modeling technology itself. The dynamics, response, realism, it's all completely different. It's hard enough to get that across to people, but then I'm constantly running into people like yourself badmouthing the POD HD while going on about old and completely different Line 6 products.

The HD models deliver some incredible direct tones. I own one, and would be happy if I never owned another amp. Comparing it to a Pod 2.0 is like comparing a fart to a sewage dump. And yes, it IS comparable to a real amp, especially in a direct situation.
      My Music
      My Youtube Videos

Originally Posted by RaVenCAD

I'll be the first to admit that I can say some pretty stupid stuff.. Some a-hole is gonna sig that, but I don't care..

Comment

All this you're saying, I get the impression you don't actually own or have experience with the HD. Otherwise, why when he asks about a POD HD are you offering up samples from a pod 2.0? They're not comparable. At all. I've been using pods from the Amp Farm through Guitarport, Pod2, Pod Farm, XT, and X3. They were all variations on the same **************** for 10+ years. HD is something completely new, both in the offered models and the modeling technology itself. The dynamics, response, realism, it's all completely different. It's hard enough to get that across to people, but then I'm constantly running into people like yourself badmouthing the POD HD while going on about old and completely different Line 6 products.

The HD models deliver some incredible direct tones. I own one, and would be happy if I never owned another amp. Comparing it to a Pod 2.0 is like comparing a fart to a sewage dump. And yes, it IS comparable to a real amp, especially in a direct situation.

Well if that's how you feel about it, awesome. It's comparable to a real amp. That's that.

Anyways, Congrats to the OP!

The Squier Army

2001 Fender Fat Strat

Boss ME-50

Comment

Comment

^^^^^ SWEET rig, there. Congrats!

Comment

I thought the Rebel series had cream-colored knobs & tolex on the top, is that a new model?

Comment

I thought the Rebel series had cream-colored knobs & tolex on the top, is that a new model?

It's exactly the same amp, just a different coloured skin.

Comment

May be a European version? i haven't seen that color combo here in the States...

Comment

Wow! That is a great setup man. Amazing!

The Squier Army

2001 Fender Fat Strat

Boss ME-50

Comment

May be a European version? i haven't seen that color combo here in the States...

Yeah, I think they are just in Europe, but there are some new "high gain" amps in black coming soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-9bwHGrQhU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Comment

Wow! That is a great setup man. Amazing!

Cheers dude!

Comment

^^^^^ SWEET rig, there. Congrats!

Cheers!

Thanks for everyone's comments, and for helping me come to a happy conclusion.

Comment

Working...
                          X