Collapse
No announcement yet.

one big happy family photo...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! You like Les Pauls almost as much as I do!
    "Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans..."
    - John Lennon
    Videos of me playing guitar!

My original music

Stupid, meaningless HC clubs I'm a PROUD member of:
    Epiphone Empire
    F-Holes (Semi-Hollow and Hollowbody owners)
    Marshall Circle of Tone
    SG ARMY

Comment

Wow! You like Les Pauls almost as much as I do!
      "Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans..."
      - John Lennon
      Videos of me playing guitar!

My original music

Stupid, meaningless HC clubs I'm a PROUD member of:
      Epiphone Empire
      F-Holes (Semi-Hollow and Hollowbody owners)
      Marshall Circle of Tone
      SG ARMY

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by IRG
        View Post

Do you have a favorite of the bunch? Sometimes I think I'd like to have a few of the same type of guitar (probably also the LP) then I go back and play my tele, or JM or SG and realize I like the diversity, especially on a somewhat limited budget. Otherwise I'd probably have 4-5 of each style, lol. Nice collection though. I like the red one a lot.

The plaintop 58 is definitely the king of the hill. They really are tone wise very differnent. The ice tea flame top has custom wound Peter green pickups and I do use it out of phase. The gold top and its mini buckers has its own voice and cuts through the mix. The latest, the red one, is stock with the exception of the pots and caps the bumblebees make a big difference. The 58 has custom pickups wound like Duane's dark burst and they are one off custom pickups. The neck pickup sings like an angel. Favorite finish.....toss p between he ice tea and the red.
        From Great Dane: INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

Comment

View Post

Do you have a favorite of the bunch? Sometimes I think I'd like to have a few of the same type of guitar (probably also the LP) then I go back and play my tele, or JM or SG and realize I like the diversity, especially on a somewhat limited budget. Otherwise I'd probably have 4-5 of each style, lol. Nice collection though. I like the red one a lot.

The plaintop 58 is definitely the king of the hill. They really are tone wise very differnent. The ice tea flame top has custom wound Peter green pickups and I do use it out of phase. The gold top and its mini buckers has its own voice and cuts through the mix. The latest, the red one, is stock with the exception of the pots and caps the bumblebees make a big difference. The 58 has custom pickups wound like Duane's dark burst and they are one off custom pickups. The neck pickup sings like an angel. Favorite finish.....toss p between he ice tea and the red.
          From Great Dane: INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by joecool1963
            View Post

Nice. Here's a pic of a plaintop I used to own, pretty good guitar too...

And it's an Epiphone

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by joecool1963
              View Post

And it's an Epiphone

Comment

LeftyTom

It is not what you play, but THAT you play.

Comment

LeftyTom

It is not what you play, but THAT you play.

Comment

Les Paul's are the sex.
                    "No one ever goes to heaven deservingly
                    and no one ever goes to hell unwillingly."
                    -CS Lewis

Comment

Les Paul's are the sex.
                      "No one ever goes to heaven deservingly
                      and no one ever goes to hell unwillingly."
                      -CS Lewis

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Strat87
                        View Post

I'm still in love with that trans red one

Yes. That is hotter than magma.
                        I don't want to sell my music. I'd like to give it away because where I got it, you didn't have to pay for it.
                        -Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Strat87
                          View Post

I'm still in love with that trans red one

Yes. That is hotter than magma.
                          I don't want to sell my music. I'd like to give it away because where I got it, you didn't have to pay for it.

Comment

View Post

And it's an Epiphone

That's one of the most gorgeous tops ever.

Plaintops rule. Nice, subtle burst...just beautiful. Wish you'd sold it to me...

Comment

View Post

And it's an Epiphone

Plaintops rule. Nice, subtle burst...just beautiful. Wish you'd sold it to me...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Muddslide
                                View Post

Wished I kept it, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X