Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Silvertone 1413L ever come in Red?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the Silvertone 1413L ever come in Red?

Does anyone know? Thanks!
    Don't be a slave to public perception.

Good Deals: Drasp, Blueballoon, Islandamp, DarkAegis, GregOvertone, OnWingsofLead, Matterday, Erim, Drummerdarko, Patrick F

Also, on a different note, I am looking for a good guitar for my Surf music. I am in a surf band, and I would like a almost dedicated guitar for it. What vintage guitar would you recommend that would fit the bill for cheap?

Good Deals: Drasp, Blueballoon, Islandamp, DarkAegis, GregOvertone, OnWingsofLead, Matterday, Erim, Drummerdarko, Patrick F

Comment

I had only ever seen them in Turquoise and a quick web search brought up the original ad, which said it came...in Turquoise. So, I gonna say no. And, apparently, these were made for a very short time.

The problem with most cheaper vintage guitars like Harmony, Teisco and Kay is they were quickly built with wide tolerances and most haven't held up structurally over the years. Most need a lot of work to be steady giggers, often they need neck resets, top bracing, etc. I sure wouldn't buy one without playing it first.

Comment

I ask because
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140293637187&indexURL= 0#ebayphotohosting

looks identical to the 1413L. The 1410 had a thinner finish, curved pickguard and a cheesegrater style pickup. Maybe a refinish of a 1413L for probably $125.00ish at the end of the bidding?

I only ask because I have hard that the 1413l is a great surf oriented guitar

Comment

Yes they did

One chord is fine. Two chords is pushing it.
          Three chords and you're into jazz
          - Lou Reed

Comment

• supro1955
            supro1955 commented
            Editing a comment

No it did not! The red version of this model was the 1417. It was made only in 1967 and is considered quite rare.

Working...
        X