No announcement yet.

Octave Multiplexer

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Octave Multiplexer

I traded a pedal for this today. I recorded this with my DeArmond M-70, 1973 Silverface Champ, and a Earthquake Devices Hoof Reaper (with octave up effect).

That reminds my why I sold my octave pedal. and how wise the decision was.

Comment

• Bucksstudent
      Bucksstudent commented
      Editing a comment
      To each his own. I love it.

Octave has always struck me as one of those less is more effects, like lightly buttering toast.  That sounded like you wrapped a piece of bread around a stick of butter.

Comment

• Bucksstudent
      Bucksstudent commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I'm glad that we're all supporting each other. Thanks for listening.

I thought it sounded way over the top, and sometimes not even like a guitar - and I'm guessing that was the point. The quick flurries of notes with the fuzz and octave drenching gave off a pretty psychedelic feeling, I think. I liked it. It was unconventional, and I think you do unconventional pretty well.

Thanks for posting!
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

• Bucksstudent
      Bucksstudent commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Kayd. I've been experimenting more and more with different guitar voices so I can create unique sounds for new songs.

If I could actually make my guitar sound like a keyboard, I would.

EH has a few pedals that can make keyboard-like sounds. They get a little expensive, but I've always been intrigued.
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

• Bucksstudent
      Bucksstudent commented
      Editing a comment
      I definitely do not care for the Hog, Pog, or Micro Synth. They're overpriced for what they do, IMO.

Overpriced, certainly. I could never justify the cost of the Pog, despite wanting one.

Comment

• PurpleTrails
      PurpleTrails commented
      Editing a comment

I've got a micropog.  It's more like a fun toy than a productive effect, IMO, at least as far as using the organ sound out of it. 

I've been using it more lately as an octave down pedal, which can get you a sort of psychedelic spacey effect.  It does track better than most octave pedals, but I think there are others out there that get a more musical sound.

Isn't this essentially a Mutron Octave Divider clone. The controls and input/output/effects out are the same on both. I'm concisering getting one to get some Jerry Garcia tones or at least attempt it.

Comment

• PurpleTrails
      PurpleTrails commented
      Editing a comment

No, it's not.  It some ways it's better, as the Mu-tron doesn't do the poly stuff, and the EHX tracks better.  It doesn't sound quite as musical, though.  The one that is a clone, and a very good one, is the BYOC divided octave kit.

With the BYOC kit, some folks who own both couldn't discern the difference, even in a double blind test.  The guys on the GD forums are pretty much convinced you can't tell the difference, and at $119 for the kit vs. something like $800-900 for a used Mu-Tron it's a no-brainer.

BTW, if you are interested in Jerry tones check out the new Tru-tron III.  It's being made by Mike Biedel, who designed the original Mu-Tron III and founded Mu-Tron.  It's pretty pricey, but cheaper and much more reliable than one of the originals, and arguably sounds better than any of the other autowah/envelope pedals out there, and is in the same ballpark as one of the originals.

Thanks for the tip. I would do the BYOC but I'm prone to screwing stuff like that up.

Comment

• PurpleTrails
      PurpleTrails commented
      Editing a comment

Mr.scary96 wrote:
      Thanks for the tip. I would do the BYOC but I'm prone to screwing stuff like that up.

And I think it is supposed to be a complex build.  Maybe find someone who would build it for you for a reasonable fee?  Even with that it would be cheaper than a micropog, let alone POG or HOG.

Last half was good

Comment

I have no privileges to go there!

Comment

• Bucksstudent
      Bucksstudent commented
      Editing a comment
      He bann'd. Be back two weeks, homie.

Working...
X