Acoustic Pedal board wiring options

Mikeo

• Members

I have a electric Pedal Train set up and would like to do one for my acoustic set up.

This will not be an FX pedalboard but more of a pre amp switching set up so I have the option of running a mandolin LR Baggs Venue to my mandolin, or the Fishman Spectra DI to the acoustic guitars.

I would like to use 1 guitar cord in to the system, but I need to be able to switch from the Baggs to the Fishman and then back out to run either into an acoustic amp or into a house PA ( which is usually and XLR cable to a snake) , or possibly both to a house system and the house board.

Both pre ams have both XLR and 1/4 lines out

I know Voodoo Labs has a 4 button switcher, but I'm not sure if you set it up as a switcher so every thing is up front, or you set up series and or parallel loops with it. I'm gonna give them a call down the road.

So all that's going on this small board is a Fishman Spectra, a Baggs Venue, and possible a Boss looper pedal. I'll be powering up the system with a Voodoo Pedal Power supply.

I am thinking even if set the whole thing up to run 1/4" jacks, I may need a switch box at the end to switch between XLR and 1/4" out lines.

Any Ideas?

• Members
Did you want to use the Boss looper with both preamps? How do you currently have that wired into your setup?

Not really, Just for the guitar would be fine.

So far I haven't spent a dime on setting up an acoustic pedalboard. It's just two acoustic pre amps sitting on the ground.

• Members

I kind of thought about it all a bit more and I was hoping I could get away with a smaller Pedaltrain board, but the preamps are kind of a large foot print. The Looper is like 2 pedals big too.Add in the Voodoo switcher and I'll probably need a Pedal Train Classic Jr. The Voodoo lab switcher might work.

Here's my idea. I'm not sure how the switcher button are hooked up, so I will need to confirm it all with Voodoo.

Not the least expensive route, but it will all be housed on a board and I'll probably grab the AT case. Quick plug in and I'll be ready to go in a flash.

No hurry

fetch?id=31677536

Archived