Fuzz pedal good for hendrix and doom metal

sinister_steve

• Members

Earthquaker Devices Hoof fuzz can do the singing muff like leads also nasty grit, aswell the scooped mids metal tones

although you need to tweak the knobs to switch between the different sounds

you need to decide how hendrix and doom like it is for yourself

on the other hand you could get an EHX nano big muff pi or an EHX octavix (depending which hendrix sound you are after) together with a boss metalzone for the doom.

pricewise the two pedals will be the same or less than the hoof new...

• Members
you're welcome

which amp are you using?

and rule number one: once you bought your first fuzz pedal, you can't stop buying another one, and another one and again another one aso. :D

Haha oh damn I can see that happening for sure lol I'm sure they sounds even netter in a line. I am mostly going to be going through my fender tube amps. Ones a 73 bronko and ones a vaporizer

• Members

*lol* just realize replies do not count to the post count... phil?

nice amps you use.

the thing with fuzz is, once you bite for the first one, you will start your quest for the holy grail of fuzz. but that's an impossible quest to finish, so you will move from one fuzz to the next until the end of time :D

• Members
you're welcome

which amp are you using?

and rule number one: once you bought your first fuzz pedal, you can't stop buying another one, and another one and again another one aso. :D

I tried a big muff fuzz out today and it seems at it may work to. And it's the only one I can find in town lol they seem fairly versatile as well from what it seemed. Still not sure of I should just order one of the ones you mentioned on ebay or get the muff now :}

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, this thread's getting a bit dated; but I'd recommend the BAT Pharaoh. Old-school hard rock in Ge diode mode; Doom and the rest of the heavy stuff in Si mode or Diodes-out mode. Also has a Hi//Lo switch for added versatility. I like it best through an amp that already has a little bit of breakup going on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Well' date=' this thread's getting a bit dated; but I'd recommend the BAT Pharaoh. Old-school hard rock in Ge diode mode; Doom and the rest of the heavy stuff in Si mode or Diodes-out mode. Also has a Hi//Lo switch for added versatility. I like it best through an amp that already has a little bit of breakup going on.[/quote']

Thanks for the reply man I am still up in the air with what I'm getting. I don't want another pedal I'm only going to use for a bit and never turn it on again lol as long as I can get a hendrixy and doom sound, I'm all for it. I'm going to be looking on e bay for this one or the other one mentioned above, and stay away frim the muff fuzz I think, even though it seems pretty good for both, I don't want to be unhappy with it in a month.

• 2 months later...
  • Members
The Dunlop Band of Gypys Fuzzface is the best sounding version of that pedal made. Super usable at all points on the fuzz dial. Plus mini size balances out the round enclosure. Definitely worth a look.

thanks for the reply man. I guess I'm going to hold off until I try one if them then. I don't want to waste cash I don't have on a pedal I don't want lol

Archived