fender bullet? what the heck is this thing and what is it worth?

sa1126

• Members

It has been heavily modded, and stripped of it's finish...

They were Fender's ultra cheezy pre-Squier guitars. The pickguards were metal - and where the bridge would normally be there was an upturned lip on the metal guard that the bridge saddles attached to. The pickups were leftover Duo Sonic pups.

If it was minty I's say no more than $250 - it's just not worth that much more IMO. If you're craving Fender cheeze - get a Duo Sonic.

• Members
Kinda reminds me of my Fender Lead II:

fenderleadII.jpg

Never seen a bullet though.

The Lead series are quite a bit nicer than the Bullets, IMO. The Bullets were uber cheezy - especially the bridge arrangement. Fender was almost dead at this point in it's history and they were looking to cut corners and costs as much as they could. If they were sold today, the Bullets would be found in Wal-Mart and Costco.

• Members
err...just part of the pickguard?
:eek:

Precisely, Robin... :cry:

Anybody catch the fact that the seller is trying to get a {censored}load of money for that POS? Some mook bid $450 and still hasn't hit the reserve... :lem:

Just because something is old, doesn't mean it's good... :wave:

• Members

The Lead series (I, II, III) was supposed to be a fully professional guitar. They even had Steve Morse as an endorser. The Bullet replaced the Mustang as the student series and the earliest ones had old Mustang pickups. Both were last gasp CBS era instruments. Every Lead series guitar I played weighed a ton.

Archived