Does a Fuzz Factory sound ok after a buffer?

ninjaaron

• Members

My Wah is true bypass, but I can't use it with my FF. I can use it fine before, but TB obviously doesn't make any difference when it's not being bypassed.

Actually, I can use it on SOME of the higher comp/gate settings. Otherwise it sets off the STAB howl. Not sure how to get around it. I'd ask Zvex but he'll just recommend me a Wah Probe :p No offense, it's a great pedal, but it's not quite what I'm after, I really think the craziness of the BLACK CAT MOAN goes with the Fuzz Factory. If Zvex made a crazy Wah that was cheaper than the probe I'd be all over it, though. But I'd still love my Moan.

• Members

Mine sits after a whammy, which is FAR from TB. I'll be getting a looper soon and have the option of having a buffer in front soon.

The only difference I notice is the volume knob doesn't react the same when you turn down.

And as as as I've noticed, the FF doesn't get more trebly or anything like that, I think people are imagining things.

• Members

The issue is buffers going into fuzzes, not the other way around. It's very rare that a fuzz going into a buffer will cause problems, but putting a buffer before any fuzz can cause tone character changes. Woollies are exceptionally sensitive to having buffers in front of them... active pickups can be pretty bad, very compressed-sounding.

• Members

The issue is buffers going into fuzzes, not the other way around. It's very rare that a fuzz going into a buffer will cause problems, but putting a buffer before any fuzz can cause tone character changes. Woollies are exceptionally sensitive to having buffers in front of them... active pickups can be pretty bad, very compressed-sounding.

ah, so the FF or the wooly won't tolerate even the sd2in1... thanks; i'm looking at purchasing either the wooly of the FF - the FF being that it could probably approximate a wide variety of fuzzes..

retail therapy. damn you zach :mad::D:mad:

• Members

buffers can make it a bit trebly. Best to have it unbuffered. Are you talking about a tuner pedal or a wah? Replace/mod them to be true bypass.

The tuner is there, but I could put that after the fuzz no problem. But my OD pedal is also buffered, and I like to boost my fuzz a bit. However, I guess I could just set the Fuzz Factory to a sound that is cool w/o boosting. I just don't like having to turn off my OD and click on the fuzz before a solo. too much tap dancing.

I could probably learn it, I'm just lazy.

• Members

The tuner is there, but I could put that after the fuzz no problem. But my OD pedal is also buffered, and I like to boost my fuzz a bit. However, I guess I could just set the Fuzz Factory to a sound that is cool w/o buffer. I just don't like having to turn off my OD and click on the fuzz before a solo. too much tap dancing.

I could probably learn it, I'm just lazy.

It comes down to wanting to switch, because boosting the FF is definately NOT needed. That thing will get far aggressive enough on it's own if you'd like.

It does sound good with in OD boost infront too though!

Archived