Mesa Boogie Subway Blues?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie Subway Blues?

Thoughts?

Edit: One up for trade on CL, wondering if I might like it better than my AC15C1. I see it's a 1x10, not sure how I feel about that.
    Phil O'Keefe wrote:You can never have enough cheese, son. Write that down.gear.

i wouldn't trade an ac15 for it. it is 'ok' driving another cabinet but was noicey doing it that way for me. by itself, its thin mesa tonez, not good.
    Post Modern Southern Sonic Prepared Concrete Annihilation.

Comment

The stinkiest turd Mesa produced. Stay away.

Comment

had the subway reverb rocket blues

loved the sound of the amp pushing a 212

hated the amp when it was farting out the stock 10, huge design flaw by mesa. its way too powerful for that speaker.

but its a great sounding amp if you you use it as a head.
        strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

Yikes. Thanks guys, I'll steer clear.
          Phil O'Keefe wrote:You can never have enough cheese, son. Write that down.gear.

Comment

They're decent for jazz and lighter blues but I would not recommend it for rock for all the reasons listed above.
            Grind
            http://soundcloud.com/thekraken

Comment

Own it, prefer my Night Train. Actually a decent-sounding amp despite what's said above, and takes pedals well, but nowhere near enough bass response with the 10" and the EQ design. Needs an EQ pedal in front (I used a Dano FishnChips).
              Steve
              Great trades with Tengo, Goldie-gold, Ancient Mariner, TritoneTerror and lowbrow

Comment

Working...
              X