Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about the Throbak Stonebender.....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about the Throbak Stonebender.....

....do I need it?
    Originally Posted by Inspector 71

I'm only framus in my own mine.

Originally Posted by riff ie

black hole complementarity, or, you won't feel a thing
    likewise...

Originally Posted by christianatl

I plan on riding my ****************sled through the ******************** apocalypse.

no, but you may want it.
    Formerly known as Spoonie G.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7874/spoileri.jpg

Comment

I am not really a gain connoisseur, I like balancing on the edge of breakup with my Pork Loin, thinking I need something to goose it for sustained type solos (while also sounding good on it's own), when I'm not going for the synth sounds of my Microsynth. I have dark sounding amps, 6V6 and EL84's, so I am thinking Germanium to brighten up the tone a bit when I need it.

likewise...

I plan on riding my ****************sled through the ******************** apocalypse.

Comment

A Tonebender will give you gobs of gain - if you just want some hair on top and a milder gain push, I'd get a Treble Booster instead.

Comment

If you don't care about bass, a tonebender or treble booster might be great. I've had the Throbak, and returned it. Maybe I'm just not a tonebender guy. But the loss of lower end bothered me. But if you play live and/or have a bass player you probably won't miss it. The Mad Prof Ruby Red Booster is a nice gain that adds just some grit, but not tons. Lots of added volume too if you need it.

Comment

If you don't care about bass, a tonebender or treble booster might be great. I've had the Throbak, and returned it. Maybe I'm just not a tonebender guy. But the loss of lower end bothered me. But if you play live and/or have a bass player you probably won't miss it. The Mad Prof Ruby Red Booster is a nice gain that adds just some grit, but not tons. Lots of added volume too if you need it.

I don't want to lose the bottom, I wasn't aware that that was the nature of the Tone Bender type pedals. Good to know, thanks!

likewise...

Comment

A Tonebender will give you gobs of gain - if you just want some hair on top and a milder gain push, I'd get a Treble Booster instead.

I have never tried a Treble Booster, well maybe I have, I had one of those Vox Cooltron pedals with the tube in it, Brit Boost I think it was called. It had a Treble Boost side and full spectrum side if I recall. I had an Orange at the time, and it was a picky bitch about pedals, so I sold it. Hmmm...I guess I'll try a Treble Booster soon, thanks!

likewise...

Comment

A fuzz face type thing with a Pork Loin sounds really, really good.

Comment

I am playing a Les Paul type guitar, I have never gotten a Fuzzface to work for me,......probably user fail.

likewise...

Comment

I am playing a Les Paul type guitar, I have never gotten a Fuzzface to work for me,......probably user fail.

Les Paul? You definitely want a Treble Booster. Best lead pedal for that guitar ever invented IMO.

Comment

Also likely that it's just not the sound you're looking for. I only bring it up because I have a porky loinster and pretty much every fuzz is amazing with it.

Comment

Les Paul? You definitely want a Treble Booster. Best lead pedal for that guitar ever invented IMO.

hmmmm......will one sound good at apartment level, or does it need to be gig volume for it to sound good?

likewise...

Comment

hmmmm......will one sound good at apartment level, or does it need to be gig volume for it to sound good?

Stack it into an overdrive first. Your neck pickup will love you long time.

Comment

Stack it into an overdrive first. Your neck pickup will love you long time.

damn you erksin, damn you.......

likewise...

Comment

I have yet to "get" the whole fuzz thing. I am very un-HCFX.

I'm not simpatico with most of the predilections on here either. What are you looking at a Tonebender for if you're not into fuzz?

Comment

Working...
                              X