Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using the Eventide pedals live?

I love the sounds of the Space Reverb and TimeFactor Delay, but looks like in a live situation it would be a world of tap-dancing? Anyone have any experience of using them?
    http://www.themouthofghosts.com "Fusing alternative rock and trip-hop, The Mouth Of Ghosts are a band from London who make moody, textured music, fueled by ragged guitars and distant electronics."

lots and lots of people use those live.
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE! NOW WITH MORE FEELING!

Originally Posted by big_cat

hands down the most valuable forumite

Originally Posted by big_cat

I'm partly serious and fully erect.

Comment

I used a Timefactor live for a while. Never felt like I was doing too much tap dancing when I had it at all. I only had 2 banks set up since I really didn't need that many sounds. I set up my patches where I could scroll between songs to hit which ever delay sound I was needing at the time. I usually just stuck to the first bank 90% of the time though.
      http://deadhandcollective.blogspot.com - my band
      http://divinemotherrecordings.com -my label
      http://divinemotherrecordings.bandcamp.com
      http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...l=1#post425143 99 - good deals

Comment

The band that opened for the whores had a timefactor.
        Last week saw another band with a timefactor... Soo....
        Originally Posted by Naterel "All bands suck period"

Comment

Used the Time and Pitch Factors live many times. Great sounds, easily recalled through the bank system and easily manipulated via the play mode, especially with an Aux switch. What's not to like? You will want the Aux footswitch to fully realise the potential of these pedals, with one there was nothing I needed from a delay that the TF couldn't provide.
          pedal clips

Comment

Not any more, but I used a mod and time factor for a while. No uncomfortable tap dancing, just had to be careful about not overshooting a bank - I limited both pedals to about 3 banks of two presets as that was all I needed.
            Originally Posted by telephant

Tone is really half the argument. We both know ultimately it means nothing. Write a song. Write. A ****************ing. Song.

UK based band;
            http://www.captainhorizon.co.uk

Comment

I love the sounds of the Space Reverb and TimeFactor Delay, but looks like in a live situation it would be a world of tap-dancing? Anyone have any experience of using them?

I have used them in the past for my live setup...used a TimeFactor with my M-9 and my analog pedals in a MIDI loop switcher. If you use MIDI in your pedalboard setup you don't do much tap dancing at all (just for the repeat/hold). It worked great in my setup.
              "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues" - Elizabeth Taylor

Originally Posted by Shane Marley

Yeah, I guess I hate women...

Originally Posted by thefyn

I SO STUPID!

Comment

Yes I was looking at that possibility...using the Space and TimeFactor with a some kind of midi controller, and being able to map different presets on each pedal simultaneously. What midi controller were you using? Shame there's no really great midi overdrive/distortion options, the board could be totally midi!
                http://www.themouthofghosts.com "Fusing alternative rock and trip-hop, The Mouth Of Ghosts are a band from London who make moody, textured music, fueled by ragged guitars and distant electronics."

Comment

Yes I was looking at that possibility...using the Space and TimeFactor with a some kind of midi controller, and being able to map different presets on each pedal simultaneously. What midi controller were you using? Shame there's no really great midi overdrive/distortion options, the board could be totally midi!

Well, there is the TC Electronic Nova Drive which I had for a while. It's a decent sounding two channel overdrive and distortion under MIDI control with 18 presets and VERY flexible routing and if you can find sounds in it you can have a fully functional MIDI board...you can even pick up a Source Audio programmable EQ pedal for even more tonal flexibility. I have one and it's a digital EQ but it actually sounds great.

I use the Musicom Lab MIDI loop switcher. It has 8 audio loops for switching my pedals and a MIDI out for switching my MIDI effects so everything can be controlled as part of a preset...

"One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues" - Elizabeth Taylor

I SO STUPID!

Comment

Here's my board from back when I was using the Nova Drive...

I SO STUPID!

Comment

Not Kings of Leon.
                      I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

The Soundblox Pro Classic and Pro Multiwave Distortions both have midi control to change any parameter, as well as changing presets. My favorite trick they do, expression morphing between 2 different presets, can also be controlled by midi.

Also, the M9 & M13 both accept midi switching and midi expression control, so there's basically nothing that can't be midi controlled there...
                        bandcamp soundcloud last.fm myspace facebook

transactions

Comment

I used to use a Timefactor. It was quite easy to use honestly
                          First Act Delgada/ Greco LP Custom/ Partscaster Strat/ Squier Jazzmaster/Kramer Striker>Pitchblack > WH10> Organizer > Fuzz Factory> Tonebender MKII Pro> STUD > Octavio> Whammy IV > V3 Big Muff; Super Hard On > Whetstone> Instant Lo Fi> PS3> Delaylab>AC30My Good Transactions

Comment

Here's my board from back when I was using the Nova Drive...

Wow ... nice... so with that switcher can you program it so that in say Bank 1, Patch 4, you can bring in one of your pedals, setting x from the Nova Drive and setting x from the TimeFactor also? That's basically my dream setup, but I've always wondered how you do it!!

Comment

I have been using the Space on my live board for a while now. At this poInt I have about 7 presets I use heavily. Three of those make use of the hot switch so I can essentially have two sounds available. I organize the bank of presets in song order according to whatever our set list is on any given night. A little foresight and preset planning / building goes a long way. The Eventide pedals are not on the go, tweak friendly.
                              Six Acre Lake on Bandcamp

Six Acre Lake on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X