No announcement yet.

2x12 combos: What are you guys using?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x12 combos: What are you guys using?

I'm in the market. 30-50 watts. Wondering what's out there....outside of the usual Vox, Fender, etc.
    Donate musical instruments to inner-city kids.

Damn. I was super excited to help, and then I saw the 30-50 watt qualification, so I am no longer helpful. All of my combo amps are around 15-22 watts. I love the **************** out of my 65 Amps London though.
    Blakemore Effects (I now sell Dr. Scientist and DMB pedals in addition to my own.)
    My pedal company.
    Facebook page for Blakemore Effects

Comment

Dr. Z Maz 38
      FS: Digitech Whammey IVOriginally Posted by cryptosonictonight, I reverse mounted the toiletOriginally Posted by OperatorWhat kind of **************************** wears a scarf indoors?

Comment

Egnater rebels
        www.ChrisBedward.com
        Endorsements/Affiliations: Barlow Guitars, Shoe Pedals, Red Bear Picks, Armor Gold Cables-Xitone Cabs

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstrat86
          View Post

Egnater rebels

I actually borrowed one a few months back. Nice amp. The owner seemed kinda soured on it, though.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by npfrs
            View Post

Dr. Z Maz 38

$2348 retail.

Comment

My pride and joy:

He was killed in the ring in Houston. By Tex Colorado. You know, the Arizona Assassin.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Originally Posted by Dolf

Decode: saying the things you wish you could say but you have tact.

Good deals with: I forget

Strat>LTD SR>Verbzilla>DT-10>VT-22

For Sale: OHNOHO Chk Chk Boom ($40)

Comment

Winner ^^^^
                My old band: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/dragstripriot
                Gibson Les Paul junior/'67 Fender Bassman/Marshall 1965 cab/ '91 MIJ
                fender p bass/ampeg B-15S/2 15" Marshall JCM800 bass cabs

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco
                  View Post

$2348 retail.

Easily far less on the used market.
                  FS: Digitech Whammey IVOriginally Posted by cryptosonictonight, I reverse mounted the toiletOriginally Posted by OperatorWhat kind of **************************** wears a scarf indoors?

Comment

If I was in the market for a combo amp again I'd probably take a good long look at the 2x12 Genz Benz Black Pearl.

Comment

Ampeg VT-22 FTW.

True, it's 100 very, very underrated watts so it's much more power than you said you wanted. But they're great amps, and you can pick up a '70s warhorse that rivals modern boutique amps at a fraction of the cost.
                      Arrangements? How about I hit on two and four, and you shut the **************** up?

Comment

Suggest; JVM205C (50 watts, 2 x 12), Blackstar 60 (60 watts, 2 x 12).

I actually have a JVM410C (100 watts, 2 x 12) and a Blackstar Soloist (60 watts, 1 x 12).

I prefer 1 x 12 combo's. I also use a Tech21 Tradmark 60 ( 60 watts, 1 x 12). The 2 x 12's are freak'in heavy!
                        FDP Political Exile and Proud of It

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by npfrs
                          View Post

Easily far less on the used market.

IIRC, I paid 1400 USD for my Maz 38, which came with a padded cover and a Brake Lite. So it would be more like $1275 after selling those items in the used market. It is ****************ing loud, and it doesn't sound quite as nice with the attenuator, but fortunately the MV is pretty good on that amp. Great pedal platform.

Comment

i used an Ampeg Reverberocket 212R for about a year. i loved that thing.
                            "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by decode6
                              View Post

My pride and joy:

Came here to post this. Pull two tubes and it's 50 Watts... but google how to because there's rules for doing it.
                              Guitars: PRS, Fender, Gibson, Epi
                              Pedals: Octophant, Wilson, Danelectro, Monsterpiece, Way Huge, Custom, Line 6
                              Amps: Egnater, Ampeg

Good deals (70+!)

Comment

Working...
                              X