2x12 combos: What are you guys using?

Cisco

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Forte 2X12 3D Vertical.

I have a WGS Veteran 30 on top, and a Retro 30 on the bottom and I run it in stereo.

Doesn't get any better IMHO.

I was using a Bogner 4X12 with Celestion V30's previously, and have used a 4X12 all my playing life (20 years +) and I am amazed that the Forte can more than hold it's own against the Bogner.

I tried other 2X12's (Avatar and Mesa) and didn't think I would be able to go cold turkey from the 4X12, but I have now.

• Members

3 10" speakers. The Fender Vibro King has the same speaker configuration.

What I meant was that three 10s is unusual. I dont recall ever coming across it; and I always thought the Vibro King had a 15.....but I know dick about Fender amps.

Are two paired up and paralleled with the odd one? Are the impedances different?

• Members

i used an Ampeg Reverberocket 212R for about a year. i loved that thing.

yeah, dude totally....I had a reverbojet or whatever it is called, {censored} sounded good , 2:00 on the vol was righteous rock tone. I also got to use a mid-60's Reverbrocket 1x12 that was the shiz in a band I played with back in 2000, YGNIS, kinda ridiculous noise terror fronted by a nagging housewife with a PHD in history and Deconstructionism....with nothing but bad preset drum-machine with 70's analog synths, with sax, cello and me on a 3 stringed Valco resoglass guitar into that 1X12 dimed ....god we were a horror show

• Members

What I meant was that three 10s is unusual. I dont recall ever coming across it; and I always thought the Vibro King had a 15.....but I know dick about Fender amps.

Are two paired up and paralleled with the odd one? Are the impedances different?

I am not sure if all Vibro King's have 3 10's. I know at least some do.

All 3 are wired up in series or parallel (not sure) so that the 3- 8 Ohm speakers are 2.? Ohms but the amp uses 4 Ohms.

Archived