Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• listen to this amazing delay from a kit

i ran across this on ILF and thought i'd share with y'all, since i don't post over here much anymore. this is a kit from 1776 for avintage delay emulator. has modes for echoplex, binson, and re201. it sounds awesome. this demo is pretty cool. there's some other good ones too. has anyone built or tried one of these in person? it's probably out of my league for building but ****************, it sounds rad.

yeah a lot of people have been building these. I'm tempted.

Decolonize

Comment

i really like to play guitar to fell thunder and wanna play all the time to feel the sound through my heart.

(Spam link deleted by Phil)

Comment

HAHAHA I know you're spam but holy ****************. I want to feel guitar-induced thunder as well.
        Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
          Phil O'Keefe commented
          Editing a comment

I left the amusing comment when I banned him and deleted all his other posts, but I deleted the spam link in the message for your safety and protection.

Back on topic... how much are the delay kits, are where can you get them?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• BrentMpls
          BrentMpls commented
          Editing a comment

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

Back on topic... how much are the delay kits, are where can you get them?

There is no kit, there is just a PCB. 1776 effects makes them and the boards are top notch. 

There are some great mods available for this such as adding modulation for each tape head, and modifying the warble range. You can also tweak the overall clarity of the effect at the cost of it sounding less like the effects its emulating and more digital clean. 

so how do i make it? :catsurprised:

Formerly known as Spoonie G.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7874/spoileri.jpg

Comment

Good lord, digital delays are easier to build than analog. I had an extra Pt2399 laying around anyway. Might need to buy a few parts, and build up one of these guys. That circuit looks awesome.
        www.blakemoreeffects.comwww.facebook.com/blakemoreeffectswww.twitter.com/blakemorepedals

Comment

Want.

http://1776effects.com/store/

Link for the curious - boards are really affordable for these projects.  They have a BeeBaa board for like $8.

Sigh. . . I'm supposed to be saving money right now.

If we heard mortar shells,we'd cuss more in our songs,and cut down on guitar solos. Good transactions with: thewizardsofhop, moon shadow, blanknotice, stacco, grayeyes777, Frankenstrat86, Crxsh, Blurillaz, gtrwiz, H.P. Lovecraft, Sovtek50, gorebuc, Stevenglass, Spectermagic, fever606, anibawl, Gaetano Paul, iamthearm, Aaron SS, starmansam, J Werner

Comment

yeah, i was wrong when i said kit. when i looked into it, it's just a pcb. it's only like $14 or something. i've built a few simple things, but i think i need to do some more before taking it on. looks simple for a delay, but still probably out of my league. it's a super cool delay though. 

also, phil, i've lost access to my old account. i sent an email into the void from some link in the feedback thread or something, but got no response. i would be interested in getting that account back.

Comment

Working...
            X