Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweetwater

holy crap.....i ordered a 10-pack of strings and literally 5 minutes later a guy calls me thanking me for my order, starts up a conversation with me about what i play, bands im in, all sorts of stuff. wtf????

i mean having excellent customer service is one thing but dang, those guys are border-line annoying. anyone else feel this way????

Yes it's annoying.
    youtube
    music

Comment

"Hey man, just wanted to check up on you and see how the case is working out!"

Dude, it's a guitar case.
      youtube
      music

Comment

I trust:duderanimous, wacopacco, CiceroTJones, veil x2, moon shadow, SirJackedFuzz x2, dap99, Stubacca, onyxrhino

VT-40

Comment

Hey man,

I took note of that amp you were interested in 5 months ago. Still want it?

me - Yes but i buy gear used.
          Mics, pedals, Amps, Guitars: My Spam

Comment

"Hey man, just wanted to check up on you and see how the case is working out!"

Dude, it's a guitar case.

Comment

they sent me peppermints wid my micropog lol
              www.myspace.com/TheBrokenSteps

Comment

i always get those chewy strawberry things

Comment

I asked for a catalogue (what better to read on the can?), and two weeks after I got it I got a call from them asking if I would like to stay on their mailing list. Needless to say I didn't return the call.
                  'Cause I'd rather stay here, with all the madmen, than perish with the sadmen roaming free.

Originally Posted by claytonjohn18

I'M ****************ING SORRY OKAY? YOU CAN HAVE THE FIRST BLOOD OF MY FIRST BORN SON IN A GOBLET LABELED I'M ****************ING SORRY.

Originally Posted by Agreed

I'm a witch out to curse your children

Originally Posted by TomVanDeven

Those are the tone fairies awakening inside, getting ready to shovel tone coal in to the tone boilers.

Musics: http://www.myspace.com/anhbaartshaffer

Comment

i love that catalogue. its got tons of gear im never going to buy. and 90% of the stuff in it is ridiculously expensive

Comment

• kolapsar
                      kolapsar commented
                      Editing a comment

goaway wrote:
                      i love that catalogue. its got tons of gear im never going to buy. and 90% of the stuff in it is ridiculously expensive

I like to look at the wooden microphones

yeah man theyre funny like that.
                    soon youll get a letter in the mail with them thanking you.
                    and more calls.
                    its really funny since i spent 4 bucks on a one spot adapter.

haha

maybe theyre lonely.
                    good dealings with 65bassman, les paul, thrifty shirt, kate033, mooktank, theweight, jazzgeetar, mMartel1205, itscodyxx, nunovii, somestarrynight, Clapton is God, marthaKH, AimmarCair, Jim Hunter, Candletears7, killthelights, JSutter, MickTaylorFan

Comment

Like the new Mesa Mrak V?!?!?!

Which is cheaper than the Road King II...and I just might sell a lot of **************** and buy one......

but then I'd have to put up with calls from Sweetwater every week asking me how I like my new Mrak V....
                      'Cause I'd rather stay here, with all the madmen, than perish with the sadmen roaming free.

Originally Posted by claytonjohn18

I'M ****************ING SORRY OKAY? YOU CAN HAVE THE FIRST BLOOD OF MY FIRST BORN SON IN A GOBLET LABELED I'M ****************ING SORRY.

Originally Posted by Agreed

I'm a witch out to curse your children

Originally Posted by TomVanDeven

Those are the tone fairies awakening inside, getting ready to shovel tone coal in to the tone boilers.

Musics: http://www.myspace.com/anhbaartshaffer

Comment

I got home the other day and one of those guys was servicing my wife. Not cool.

Seriously, though - the last time I ordered from them was over a year ago (I stopped going to them because of the creepy follow-ups) - I get a call right before Summer NAMM from this guy asking me if there's anything I want him to check out for me while he's there . . . there's service and there's stalking . . .
                        deals with: -Juggernaut-; Shooto; CicadaSilence; Cheebus; 59Vampire; hivedestruction; dotlikeimpact; xjordanx

Comment

I received "check-in calls" after both of my purchases from Sweetwater. One was a Roland footswitch, and the other was an Eventide Pitchfactor. IIRC, there was more follow up after the second purchase. Commission system, methinks.
                          For Sale/Trade:
                          Boss, Palmer, Source Audio, etc.
                          Click here for more info about sale items

Wanted:
                          Line 6 M5; Compact expression pedal; Boss GL-100 Guitar Driver, Studio headphones, Studio monitors, Quality cables, Baritone guitar

Comment

You know...

you can always just ask them to *Not* call you. It really works.

I find their service to be great and their prices are generally on par with every other retailer. And through a dozen or so transactions, I've never had a single problem getting them to match a competitor's price... regular or sale. I've even got them to knock off an extra $50 on top of a 10% discount on my TimeFactor because Guitar Center was having a sale and I was gonna use one of those $50 GC rewards cards that they mail out. It kinda makes getting that one phone call every 3 or 4 months sorta alright.
                            Spam:
                            I got nothin'.
                            Good deals: Jules-RM; teleblaster

Comment

Working...
                            X