No announcement yet.

Expression Pedals and their Pot Values

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expression Pedals and their Pot Values

I couldn't find a comprehensive list for this.
    there are lots of different expression pedals out there.
    it would be helpful if we could compile a list to see which are usable in certain applications.

Here's what i have gathered so far:

Bespeco VM18L - 20k
    Boss FV-500 - 10k linear (expression pot)
    Boss EV-5 - 10k linear
    Boss EV-7 - 10k linear ("extra range" pot adds up to 50k ohms)
    Boss FV-50L - 50k linear
    Ernie Ball VP jr. (active) - 25k log
    Ernie Ball VP jr. (passive) - 250k log
    Korg EXP-2 - 50k linear
    Kurzweil CC-1 - 20k linear
    Line6 EX-1 - 10k linear
    Mission EP-L6 - 10k linear
    Moog EP-2 - 50k linear (reducable)
    M-Audio EX-P - 10k linear
    Pigtronix EP-1 - 20k
    Proel Volume Pedal - 100k linear
    Roland RV-5 - 10k linear
    TC Electronic X1 - 25k log
    G&L ASAT Classic - Goose Fuzz - Line6 M9 - EHX DMM - Orange TT - Avatar 2x12

www.takeflightpedals.com
    We make pedals, so you can make cool music, so we can have cool music to listen to, while we make pedals.

List of expression pedals and their pot values
    (updates welcomed)

Cool idea! Thanks for these so far! hil:
    RODHA sludge, metal, hc

Comment

The Mission EP-L6 is actually 10K linear as well, the older ones were 13K but people were reporting problems so they switched the pots in em. FYI.
      Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

Rule of thumb. Active circuit expression pedals generally take a 10k pot. DIY? Drop a 10k in there and go from there.

Comment

fixed the Mission EP-L6, more added.

www.takeflightpedals.com
          We make pedals, so you can make cool music, so we can have cool music to listen to, while we make pedals.

(updates welcomed)

Comment

Are volume pedal really considered expression pedals? I don't consider them to be.

Comment

Are volume pedal really considered expression pedals? I don't consider them to be.

not really.
              but the ones i have listed are the ones that are commonly adapted for use as expression pedals. can't hurt.

www.takeflightpedals.com

(updates welcomed)

Comment

I recently purchased the Kurzweill PC3 LE8 and PC3 LE7 keyboards, and I love them. Only problem is they do not come with volume pedals. I tried a Yamaha FC-7 (that works great with my Korg Triton LEs and has a great feel and great responsiveness) and it did not work well with the Kurzweils, it responded almost like an "on/off" switch.

I ordered and tried a cheap Kurzweil volume pedal (about $45) with the same results, "on/off" switch. It was the only official Kurzweil model I could find...

Anyone have any recommendations on a volume pedal solution for the Kurzweil PC3 LE8 and LE7? Many thanks in advance...

Comment

Great idea with the list! A couple others:

Boss FV-500 H and L models have dual pots for volume and expression. Exp pots are 10K linear.
                Originally Posted by conky

I wanna take that rig behind Zaxby's and get it pregnant.

Comment

Great idea with the list! A couple others:

Boss FV-500 H and L models have dual pots for volume and expression. Exp pots are 10K linear.

Thanks! updated.

www.takeflightpedals.com

(updates welcomed)

Comment

OK... why is it such a big secret? Does anyone know the pot value for the Hammond V20R Expression Pedal for XK1? From what I've read it appears to be 10K, I wired one into an old broken cry baby housing with a 1K resistor in series with the center wiper, it seems to work. Haven't tried it on a gig yet, I burned out 2 of the el-cheapo in/out guitar volume pedals. Can't bear the thought of paying over $100 for an OEM pedal.
                    Chas

Comment

Yamaha ep-1 20k

Schaller f 121 volume pedal 100k

I just wish they all weren't so pricey.

Comment

• Shine-ei
                        Shine-ei commented
                        Editing a comment

fc-7 is a great expression pedal, you can also cut it down to be tiny. I'll have to make a post about how I did it one day. But my fc-7 is the same size as a boss pedal now. 

Yamaha ep-1 20k

Schaller f 121 volume pedal 100k

QUIKLOK VP26U  is Switchable 10K or 50K

Comment

• kolapsar
                        kolapsar commented
                        Editing a comment

I have got a Ernie Ball Volume Pedal with a knob that I use as an Expression Pedal. Will turning the knob change the pot value?

Mission Engineering Inc EP-1 Expression Pedal is 10k

Comment

Originally posted by terrybritton View Post
                        Mission Engineering Inc EP-1 Expression Pedal is 10k
                        Would the EP-1work on a Digitech 2112 SGS ?
                        How many guitarists does it take to screw in a lightbulb ? Five , one to screw it in , hit the switch and four to sit around bragging how much better they could have done it !!!! 😱👹😲

Comment

Working...
                        X