Sign in to follow this  
sonda01

Expression Pedals and their Pot Values

I couldn't find a comprehensive list for this.

there are lots of different expression pedals out there.

it would be helpful if we could compile a list to see which are usable in certain applications.

Here's what i have gathered so far:

Bespeco VM18L - 20k

Boss FV-500 - 10k linear (expression pot)

Boss EV-5 - 10k linear

Boss EV-7 - 10k linear ("extra range" pot adds up to 50k ohms)

Boss FV-50L - 50k linear

Ernie Ball VP jr. (active) - 25k log

Ernie Ball VP jr. (passive) - 250k log

Korg EXP-2 - 50k linear

Kurzweil CC-1 - 20k linear

Line6 EX-1 - 10k linear

Mission EP-L6 - 10k linear

Moog EP-2 - 50k linear (reducable)

M-Audio EX-P - 10k linear

Pigtronix EP-1 - 20k

Proel Volume Pedal - 100k linear

Roland RV-5 - 10k linear

TC Electronic X1 - 25k log

The Mission EP-L6 is actually 10K linear as well, the older ones were 13K but people were reporting problems so they switched the pots in em. FYI.

Are volume pedal really considered expression pedals? I don't consider them to be.
:idk:

not really.

but the ones i have listed are the ones that are commonly adapted for use as expression pedals. can't hurt.

I recently purchased the Kurzweill PC3 LE8 and PC3 LE7 keyboards, and I love them. Only problem is they do not come with volume pedals. I tried a Yamaha FC-7 (that works great with my Korg Triton LEs and has a great feel and great responsiveness) and it did not work well with the Kurzweils, it responded almost like an "on/off" switch.

I ordered and tried a cheap Kurzweil volume pedal (about $45) with the same results, "on/off" switch. It was the only official Kurzweil model I could find...

Anyone have any recommendations on a volume pedal solution for the Kurzweil PC3 LE8 and LE7? Many thanks in advance...

Great idea with the list! A couple others:

Boss FV-500 H and L models have dual pots for volume and expression. Exp pots are 10K linear.

Thanks! updated.

OK... why is it such a big secret? Does anyone know the pot value for the Hammond V20R Expression Pedal for XK1? From what I've read it appears to be 10K, I wired one into an old broken cry baby housing with a 1K resistor in series with the center wiper, it seems to work. Haven't tried it on a gig yet, I burned out 2 of the el-cheapo in/out guitar volume pedals. Can't bear the thought of paying over $100 for an OEM pedal.

Chas

fc-7 is a great expression pedal, you can also cut it down to be tiny. I'll have to make a post about how I did it one day. But my fc-7 is the same size as a boss pedal now. 

Impossible to say. The manual does not state the type required, and Digitech use at least two different types of pedals for there devices. Their RP 50, 55, 70 and some others require a TS 250k potentiometer (though about 120K will get full range). But other models like the RP 360 use a 10K or higher with RTS configuration; Vocal live harmony uses 10K or higher with TRS configuration. The only way to check this would be to try it, or to contact digitech. There is a list of expression pedals here http://www.expressionpedals.com/list-of-expression-pedals

Impossible to say. The manual does not state the type required, and Digitech use at least two different types of pedals for there devices. Their RP 50, 55, 70 and some others require a TS 250k potentiometer (though about 120K will get full range). But other models like the RP 360 use a 10K or higher with RTS configuration; Vocal live harmony uses 10K or higher with TRS configuration. The only way to check this would be to try it, or to contact digitech. There is a list of expression pedals here http://www.expressionpedals.com/list-of-expression-pedals