Bogner 4x12 owners - what's your speakers?

jaybird

• Members

Hey Bogner 4x12 owners! I have a straight 4x12, that is currently loaded w/ Eminence Governors (the way I bought it). I play hard rock and metal mainly. I am considering some different speakers.

What speakers do you have in yours, and what do you like / dislike about them?

• Members

The best of the best: X pattern with 2-v30s and 2-Eminence Tonkers.

Don't waste your $$$ on Celestion G12H. Total POS compared to the Eminence Tonkers. The Tonkers are superior to the Celestion G12H. Just look at the specs and hear them for yourself.

And if you don't like the harsh mids and pearcing highs of the v30s, go all Eminence Tonkers.

• Members

Originally posted by Diezel

Don't waste your $$$ on Celestion G12H. Total POS compared to the Eminence Tonkers. The Tonkers are superior to the Celestion G12H. Just look at the specs and hear them for yourself.

And if you don't like the harsh mids and pearcing highs of the v30s, go all Eminence Tonkers.

You still have your Herbert?

• Members

Hmmm..I've been thinking hard about the G12H30's. I have Eminence Governors, which are "supposed" to be better than V30's. I'm not sure about that though. Different, yes, better, the jury is still out hence this thread.

Trying out Tonkers would be next to impossible.

Also, I though the Wizard was supposed to be the closest Eminence speaker to the H30, not the Tonker?

• Members

Originally posted by jaybird

Hmmm..I've been thinking hard about the G12H30's. I have Eminence Governors, which are "supposed" to be better than V30's. I'm not sure about that though. Different, yes, better, the jury is still out hence this thread.

Trying out Tonkers would be next to impossible.

Also, I though the Wizard was supposed to be the closest Eminence speaker to the H30, not the Tonker?

Think of The Tonkers as the best qualities of the (G12H30 + V30) all wrapped up into one superior loud speaker.

If you really want to push the envelope, try Peter Diezel's custom Eminence loud speakers. They're even more dynamic.

• Members

Currently 2 V30s + 2 G12H30s in my Uberkab in an X pattern. I'm keeping those speakers, but will be changing to V30s on bottom and G12H30s on top fairly soon. I'm just now beginning to notice the phase weirdness of the X pattern. Sounds great directly in front, move a fraction or tilt/turn your head and the tone changes dramatically. Yeah I know 4x12s in general do this, but IMO the X pattern accentuates this even more.

Oh yeah, I'll probably be reverting back to 4 ohms at the same time. Much more solid sounding and feeling than 16 ohms. Basically more punch.

• Members

If you really want to push the envelope, try Peter Diezel's custom Eminence loud speakers. They're even more dynamic.

Are these speakers in the Diezel 2x12?

How does this cab sound compared to the Bogner oversized 2x12 or Mesa 2x12?

And is it better than the Diezel V30 cab?

• Members

All Greenbacks. Sounds BAD ASS. No complaints whatsoever. Bogner cabs rule.

I had always heard of the lack of low end w/ greenies, but the Bogner doesn't have that problem at all. I get all the low end I need and it's tight and punchy.

• Members

Originally posted by Custom Built

You got it backwards...do the math, and you can't refute physics.

I did the math:

Custom Built + ignorance = wrong answer.

Seriously, I talked to a very prominent amp builder last night and he agreed with me 100% on this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

gotta reply on this one.

tonkers are nowhere near a vintage 30 in sound, i tried them next too eachother, and the tonkers have lot's of highs and and big lows, but they don't have that raw, in you face, cutting mids sound that the vintage 30 have, it's just a totally different speaker.

i'd stick to celestion, i have yet to hear a really good eminence myself.

I owned those diezel custom speakers too, in a diezel 4 x 12, and while not bad, those speakers don't have that classic celestion rock sound imo, the diezel customs sound very clear and punchy, but to clean for my taste.

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

I have one loaded with two V30's and two G12H-30's for my Shiva and an Uberkab for use with my Uberschall.

I like them both for their intended purpose and really have no complaints.

Bob how does the H30/V30 mix sound compared to just V30s for instance?

Archived