Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

ot: the solo on "Stranger in a strange land" (maiden)

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ot: the solo on "Stranger in a strange land" (maiden)

    just wow...! one of my favs
    Anyone with me when I say that "Somewhere in time" kicks ass?

    "somewhere in time" and "seventh son.."
    From first to last
    The peak is never passed
    Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes
    One moment's high, and glory rolls on by
    Like a streak of lightning
    That flashes and fades in the summer sky
    ______________________________

    "my gear list"
    -GMW Superstrat
    -Ibanez RG3120
    -LTD M2

    "You can take the man out of the 80's, but you can't take the 80's out of the man" - Paul Gilbert

  • #2
    TOTALLY COOL AD SMITH SOLO!

    The vid is pretty cool because it shows you ad playing it nicely too
    HCAF Veteran!

    Comment


    • #3
      Adrian Smith has to be one of the most underrated guitar players I know of...

      he's killer..he might not be a ripper like Vai or anyone like that, but show me one solo that isn't tasteful and doesn't fit...I DEFY YOU TO FIND ONE! lol...

      and his vibrato....to die for, man...

      he's always been one of my favorites, ever since I was about 12 years old...great guitar player..
      ~master of powdered toast~
      Super Sexy Splawn Society

      Splawn QR
      Splawn 4x12 w/ greenbacks
      ESP Lynch Skulls n' Snakes with Duncan JB
      ESP M III w/ JB bridge, Pearly Gates Neck
      EVH Frankenstrat Clone w/ Duncan Distortion
      Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber 1265s
      BOSS DD-20
      Rocktron Intellifex Online

      Quick Rod wet/dry vid
      My Myspace/BLOG
      My SPLAWN clips
      My Homepage/Splawn Videos

      My gear pix

      ~far superior to the one-assed monkey~

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah, one of the best Maiden solos, and Harris's bass under it, man.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by shreder75
          Adrian Smith has to be one of the most underrated guitar players I know of...

          he's killer..he might not be a ripper like Vai or anyone like that, but show me one solo that isn't tasteful and doesn't fit...I DEFY YOU TO FIND ONE! lol...

          and his vibrato....to die for, man...

          he's always been one of my favorites, ever since I was about 12 years old...great guitar player..


          Yup. Him and Mathias frm the Scorps...tasteful as a mofo.
          Just because it ends in "s", it doesn't mean that you have to use a ****************ing apostrophe.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by guitarded_1


            Yup. Him and Mathias frm the Scorps...tasteful as a mofo.


            ok..you're reading my mind..this is getting scary...lol..

            you're right! his tone is killer and he's a great player, no two ways about it...
            ~master of powdered toast~
            Super Sexy Splawn Society

            Splawn QR
            Splawn 4x12 w/ greenbacks
            ESP Lynch Skulls n' Snakes with Duncan JB
            ESP M III w/ JB bridge, Pearly Gates Neck
            EVH Frankenstrat Clone w/ Duncan Distortion
            Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber 1265s
            BOSS DD-20
            Rocktron Intellifex Online

            Quick Rod wet/dry vid
            My Myspace/BLOG
            My SPLAWN clips
            My Homepage/Splawn Videos

            My gear pix

            ~far superior to the one-assed monkey~

            Comment


            • #7
              Murray and Smith compliment each other so damn well. Murray has that ridiculously fluid legato style, while Smith has a real staccato lead approach. You can always tell who's playing a solo. Watching Dave Murray toggle pickup postions like crazy during left hand hammers and pulls is too badass. m/

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Megadeth7684
                Murray and Smith compliment each other so damn well. Murray has that ridiculously fluid legato style, while Smith has a real staccato lead approach. You can always tell who's playing a solo. Watching Dave Murray toggle pickup postions like crazy during left hand hammers and pulls is too badass. m/


                you're right about complimenting...they cut their teeth together and they meshed since day one..

                while I find Murray to get too samey too quick, he does have his little nitch in the band..he is ridiculously fluid =)
                ~master of powdered toast~
                Super Sexy Splawn Society

                Splawn QR
                Splawn 4x12 w/ greenbacks
                ESP Lynch Skulls n' Snakes with Duncan JB
                ESP M III w/ JB bridge, Pearly Gates Neck
                EVH Frankenstrat Clone w/ Duncan Distortion
                Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber 1265s
                BOSS DD-20
                Rocktron Intellifex Online

                Quick Rod wet/dry vid
                My Myspace/BLOG
                My SPLAWN clips
                My Homepage/Splawn Videos

                My gear pix

                ~far superior to the one-assed monkey~

                Comment


                • #9
                  No complaints on any of the tracks from Somewhere inTime....a kick arse album.

                  Was gonna listy my favorites when I realized the only song that might not make it on to the list is De Ja Vu. ;-)
                  SPAM (paypal, shipped and insured to lwr48):

                  N'OWT!







                  Originally Posted by NICE47


                  **************** and mother****************ing tits, I kind of just want some mother****************ing clips

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by JKD
                    No complaints on any of the tracks from Somewhere inTime....a kick arse album.

                    Was gonna listy my favorites when I realized the only song that might not make it on to the list is De Ja Vu. ;-)


                    and even that song's not that bad =) one of the few that murray actually wrote..lol
                    ~master of powdered toast~
                    Super Sexy Splawn Society

                    Splawn QR
                    Splawn 4x12 w/ greenbacks
                    ESP Lynch Skulls n' Snakes with Duncan JB
                    ESP M III w/ JB bridge, Pearly Gates Neck
                    EVH Frankenstrat Clone w/ Duncan Distortion
                    Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber 1265s
                    BOSS DD-20
                    Rocktron Intellifex Online

                    Quick Rod wet/dry vid
                    My Myspace/BLOG
                    My SPLAWN clips
                    My Homepage/Splawn Videos

                    My gear pix

                    ~far superior to the one-assed monkey~

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I like everything off that album. I still remember picking it up after school the day it came out. Damn, that was awhile ago...I was in Junior High..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's sad that Adrian is pretty much designated to rhythm guitar while Janick "Prancing Homo" Gers takes 99% of his former leadwork....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My fave tune from Somewhere in time!
                          Guitars: Tumeni
                          Amps: Tumeni

                          Robotechnology's Sights & Sounds

                          I was pulled over by the alternate picking police after being clocked at 15 NPS

                          Fat Mr. Crab said it best: Speed = Emotion

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dreamspace
                            just wow...! one of my favs
                            Anyone with me when I say that "Somewhere in time" kicks ass?

                            "somewhere in time" and "seventh son.."


                            yes yes yes!!!! Somewhere and seventh are my favourite albums too...! GREAT SOUNDS....LOVELY SONGS.. Smith & Murray are always the best..
                            F#CK!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by t-rave
                              It's sad that Adrian is pretty much designated to rhythm guitar while Janick "Parncing Homo" Gers takes 99% of his former leadwork....


                              ugh..don't even get me started....that dude blows....his tone sucks, his leads suck, his dancing sucks....

                              why they kept him in the band is beyond me..why bruce ever hooked up with such a sub par guitar player when he started doing his solo thing is beyond me..

                              man..just horrible

                              when I saw them at MSG, not only did Jerkoff, I mean, Janick start in with the opening riff of Two Minutes, he played the lead as well! I was PISSED!
                              ~master of powdered toast~
                              Super Sexy Splawn Society

                              Splawn QR
                              Splawn 4x12 w/ greenbacks
                              ESP Lynch Skulls n' Snakes with Duncan JB
                              ESP M III w/ JB bridge, Pearly Gates Neck
                              EVH Frankenstrat Clone w/ Duncan Distortion
                              Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber 1265s
                              BOSS DD-20
                              Rocktron Intellifex Online

                              Quick Rod wet/dry vid
                              My Myspace/BLOG
                              My SPLAWN clips
                              My Homepage/Splawn Videos

                              My gear pix

                              ~far superior to the one-assed monkey~

                              Comment









                              Working...
                              X