ot: the solo on "Stranger in a strange land" (maiden)

dreamspace

• Members
Originally posted by Big Hair

LOL!!!

One thing I liked about Ad Smith is that eh did change. Murray still looks the same, plays same guitars etc as when he first started maiden. At least Smith has had different images, guitars etc etc
:)

indeed =) remember that old ibanez destroyer he used to play around 86? =)

kinda related...I got ASAP Silver and Gold from ebay awhile back....I had ordered it from a local music store back in like 90 and never got it...haha..

anyway, there's a few bright spots, but you could tell he was going in a less metal direction and I was a little let down..but the leads, as always are great and he's got a great singing voice

• Members
Originally posted by shreder75

indeed =) remember that old ibanez destroyer he used to play around 86? =)

kinda related...I got ASAP Silver and Gold from ebay awhile back....I had ordered it from a local music store back in like 90 and never got it...haha..

anyway, there's a few bright spots, but you could tell he was going in a less metal direction and I was a little let down..but the leads, as always are great and he's got a great singing voice

is that the album with "the lion" on??? I really dig that song.

As for guitars...I quite like Ads white Jackson (?) on the 7th tour

maiden.jpg

• Members

is that the album with "the lion" on??? I really dig that song.

As for guitars...I quite like Ads white Jackson (?) on the 7th tour

maiden.jpg

yep, the lion..blood on the water...

that's a very cool guitar...didn't he use that in the stranger in a strange land video as well? been awhile since I've seen it...

that concert video is great..too bad they shot it on video tape instead of film though like live after death

• Members

yep, the lion..blood on the water...

that's a very cool guitar...didn't he use that in the stranger in a strange land video as well? been awhile since I've seen it...

that concert video is great..too bad they shot it on video tape instead of film though like live after death

if you get the DVD "raising hell" you can see me in the mob of 200 fans who were invited to pinewood studios to film the show :cool: :cool: :cool:

however I must say that I missed AS when he wasn;t in the band. When he re-joined I made the trip to paris & rotterdam to see the first Euro shows with him back. Starting the shows with Aces High was something I didn;t think I'd see again - KICK ASS! :cool:

• Members

Yes...Janick does jump around like a homo. I must be the only guy who thinks that his style is actually kinda cool...like a really heavy and raw Blackmore thing. Of course, I would prefer that he not be in Maiden, but I still think that he rips. Flame away...I'm ready.:o

• Members

did ya change your hair style every 'tour' like adrian did? lol

maiden rules!

Ha! Ha! No Sir I didi not! In fact my hair is way longer, more like Marty Friedman.

Guitar wise I couldnt justify the purchase of an old Destroyer, I used my EPI (Sparkle red top) LP, on early songs, and my Black (Mirror Pickguard) Mockingbird, on later stuff. Hell I guess I could use the Mockingbird for a Priest trib as well!:D

• Members
Originally posted by ConcreteVampire

Ha! Ha! No Sir I didi not! In fact my hair is way longer, more like Marty Friedman.

Guitar wise I couldnt justify the purchase of an old Destroyer, I used my EPI (Sparkle red top) LP, on early songs, and my Black (Mirror Pickguard) Mockingbird, on later stuff. Hell I guess I could use the Mockingbird for a Priest trib as well!
:D

got any sound clips??

• Members

Unfortunately not. The rest of the band was relatively "Tech Challenged"... The Singer, (IMAGINE THAT) turned out to be too much of a chore/bore... and we really couldnt hold onto the bass player, (The Anchor) If your that good, there's usually better things to do...

:( I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I spent all that time Learnin Adrians {censored} after all!:mad:

• Members

if you get the DVD "raising hell" you can see me in the mob of 200 fans who were invited to pinewood studios to film the show
:cool:

however I must say that I missed AS when he wasn;t in the band. When he re-joined I made the trip to paris & rotterdam to see the first Euro shows with him back. Starting the shows with Aces High was something I didn;t think I'd see again - KICK ASS!

nice! my friend's husband was lucky enough to see them on Somewhere on Tour..lucky bastard!

• Members
Originally posted by guitarded_1

Yes...Janick does jump around like a homo. I must be the only guy who thinks that his style is actually kinda cool...like a really heavy and raw Blackmore thing. Of course, I would prefer that he not be in Maiden, but I still think that he rips. Flame away...I'm ready.
:o

I would flame you but it's early and the coffee hasn't kicked in yet..lol

• Members
Originally posted by ConcreteVampire

Guitar wise I couldnt justify the purchase of an old Destroyer, I used my EPI (Sparkle red top) LP, on early songs, and my Black (Mirror Pickguard) Mockingbird, on later stuff. Hell I guess I could use the Mockingbird for a Priest trib as well!
:D

lol..that would work =)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I like Adrian's solo in Stranger in a Strange Land. I Like his guitar playing unlike my former guitar teacher in Canada who said that his playing sounded sloppy to his ears. I hope that he uses his white Jackson strat on the next tour for Powerslave, Somewhere in time and SSOASS albums.

• Members

they really don't need three guitars anyway..yeah, they can have someone playing rythm while they have the harmonies, but they used to do fine without that third axe in there

Hell, Bruce can play guitar, and did so during "Revelations" on LAD.

• Members

Adrian is my favorite guitarist/songwriter of all time. Just listen to the middle section of "Sea of Madness" where it slows down for a bit. {censored}ing classic {censored}. Seventh Son is another thread entirely. I could go on and on but Im just glad that theres so many others that recognize his genius (and Janick's jackassery!:p )

• Members
Originally posted by Extasyguy

Adrian is my favorite guitarist/songwriter of all time. Just listen to the middle section of "Sea of Madness" where it slows down for a bit. {censored}ing classic {censored}. Seventh Son is another thread entirely. I could go on and on but Im just glad that theres so many others that recognize his genius (and Janick's jackassery!
:p
)

YEAH! I love that part of that song too - very cool :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by dreamspace

just wow...! one of my favs
:)
Anyone with me when I say that "Somewhere in time" kicks ass?

"somewhere in time" and "seventh son.."

I'm with you. "Somewhere in Time" is probably still my fav Maiden album. Really like "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son", too. Ah heck, I like pretty much all of them! "Somewhere in Time" just has a huge sound for me and even my parents digged "Alexander the Great".

• Members

Yes! Excellent stuff. I was fortunate enough to see the Maidens twice on the Powerslave "World Slavery Tour" and also on the "Somewhere on Tour" front row right in front of Adrian! Ah yes ... the good ol' days. AS is one of my faves and yes, Janick isn't worthy of polishing DM and AS's guitars. But then that's just me ....

Archived