What are you guys using for drum software?

JR13

• Members

EZDrummer for me. I also have SD2.0, but I prefer EZD most of the time since the Metalheads expansion came out. It's not as tweakable as SD, but it's much easier to set up and the sound quality is up there with SD2.0 with the expansions. Also remember that you can do a lot of tweaking on EZD by sending each drum mic to a separate track and using 3rd party VSTs if you really want to.

• Members

I'm using Sonar X1 and Ableton Live. I enjoy working with Live more, but it works great in both DAWs.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I think I'm gonna go with EZdrummer. It seems simple and straightforward enough.

• Members

EZDrummer for me. I also have SD2.0, but I prefer EZD most of the time since the Metalheads expansion came out. It's not as tweakable as SD, but it's much easier to set up and the sound quality is up there with SD2.0 with the expansions. Also remember that you can do a lot of tweaking on EZD by sending each drum mic to a separate track and using 3rd party VSTs if you really want to.

Have you tried Metal Machine?

How does it compare with Metalheads?

I'm in the mood to splash the cash.

• Members

I has:

Superior Drummer 2 (with metal foundry, ny vol 2, and music city SDX add ons)

Steven Slate Plat 3.5

EZ drummer (with Nashville, metaheads, dfh, and metal machine ezx libraries)

BFD eco

Addictive drums with the metal AD pack as well

My current favorite is superior, my second fav at the moment is metal machine (Sounds {censored}ing tits better than dfh or metalheads)s

Archived