Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm watching Shameless Season 2. Anyone watch this show?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm watching Shameless Season 2. Anyone watch this show?

    My wife and I saw an Episode of a show called Shameless a couple of months ago. We enjoyed it, so I downloaded the first 3 seasons. Turns out the show I downloaded is the original English version which started in 2004, and is still running. The American version which started in 2011 is almost an exact copy. The dialogue in the first episode is pretty much word for word. The US version isn't bad, but it's not as good as the original. It seems like it's trying too hard. Maybe I'm just biased because I'm from Manchester, but I love this show.

  • #2
    US version:



    first season was good



    second season was trash
    gear transactions: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...9&postcount=18

    Comment


    • #3
      Haven't watched the English version yet, but I think the one on shotime is awesome.



      Off topic side note, they are making a American version of misfits, ****************in lame. I can guarantee its gonna suck, just like they ****************ed up US Skins.
      Ampeg Jet II J-12R
      Crazy country fried iceman- THE COUNTRY MAN

      Fulltone OCD
      Way Huge Aqua Puss
      BBE Sonic Stomp
      TC Polytune

      Looking for:
      Nocturne Pedals

      Good Deals with: xjeffsevernx

      Comment


      • #4






        Quote Originally Posted by Rey Gato
        View Post

        My wife and I saw an Episode of a show called Shameless a couple of months ago. We enjoyed it, so I downloaded the first 3 seasons. Turns out the show I downloaded is the original English version which started in 2004, and is still running. The American version which started in 2011 is almost an exact copy. The dialogue in the first episode is pretty much word for word. The US version isn't bad, but it's not as good as the original. It seems like it's trying too hard. Maybe I'm just biased because I'm from Manchester, but I love this show.




        From Manchester, eh? Red or blue side?

        Comment


        • #5






          Quote Originally Posted by chad_sux
          View Post

          From Manchester, eh? Red or blue side?




          There's a blue side?



          Interesting fact: Man United is the most valuable sports team in the world at 2.7 BILLION dollars. Worth almost 1 billion dollars more than 2nd place Dallas Cowboys.

          Comment


          • #6
            Whatever. The American version has this chick getting nekkid, several times. We win.







            Originally Posted by Rear Naked


            you have a "before" pic of your ****************************???



            SPAM:
            TC Flashback Delay

            Good deals: Rfaranda, Goodisonrock, Cobrahead1030, Ricky Bobby, STEEL KAGE, tsunamijesus, Dark Slide, superflyinmonke, boltzthrower, itkindaworks, Shenaniganizer, Rhammer19, downer01, Caveman Riddle, RockStarBassist

            HottKarl's Tunes on Soundcloud

            Comment


            • #7






              Quote Originally Posted by Rey Gato
              View Post

              There's a blue side?



              Interesting fact: Man United is the most valuable sports team in the world at 2.7 BILLION dollars. Worth almost 1 billion dollars more than 2nd place Dallas Cowboys.




              Another interesting fact is that it's not even in the city of Manchester

              Comment


              • #8
                Love the US version. William Macy is awesome. Best show on Tv.
                Splawn Quickrod 2012 B+ Option
                Splawn Nitro 2012
                Splawn Nitro 2008
                Modded 6505+
                Blackstar HT-5

                Comment


                • #9






                  Quote Originally Posted by stompboxfreak72
                  View Post

                  Love the US version. William Macy is awesome. Best show on Tv.




                  the only amazing show on showtime is dexter



                  hbo > showtime
                  gear transactions: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...9&postcount=18

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hell, Game of Thrones can take on the other premium channels solo.

                    I've only seen the 2nd season of the US version and I liked it. The dad is the ****************tiest father in the history of tv. Every time there's a scene with him I wondering wtf is he going to do next.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I like it (US version) a lot - it's a great combo of drama and comedy, characters are interesting, dialogue is good, and its very well acted. First season was better, but second season had its moments (second last episode was great). Probably my third favourite show right now behind Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad.
                      Ampeg VH-140C
                      Redbear MK60
                      Whitebox 2x12 (Tonkerlites)
                      Whitebox 2x12 (Deltalites)


                      http://www.reverbnation.com/southernsoil
                      http://southernsoil.bandcamp.com/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Love it. Can't wait for season 3 to start.



                        Any idea when?
                        You don't win friends with salad

                        BRO CLUB MEMBER: NaturalBornBro

                        All that is needed for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

                        What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? - Mahatma Gandhi

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          HUGE Shameless fan here. Havent seen the UK version but I sure as hell love ours....
                          My clips, check 'em out!!!
                          More Clips!!!


                          Mint, No Velcro and in Original box, Seriously priced to move. Price reflects PayPal'd and Shipped to the lower 48( Gift would be nice, have TONS of references) No reasonable offer refused

                          Get it while its hot gents, it wont last at this price!!!

                          PigTronix Disnortion OFO-$140

                          Comment


                          • #14






                            Quote Originally Posted by HottKarl
                            View Post

                            Whatever. The American version has this chick getting nekkid, several times. We win.











                            Mother ****************in this!
                            Ampeg Jet II J-12R
                            Crazy country fried iceman- THE COUNTRY MAN

                            Fulltone OCD
                            Way Huge Aqua Puss
                            BBE Sonic Stomp
                            TC Polytune

                            Looking for:
                            Nocturne Pedals

                            Good Deals with: xjeffsevernx

                            Comment


                            • #15






                              Quote Originally Posted by RunJonnyRun
                              View Post

                              Mother ****************in this!




                              yep. Fionna. ****************ing yummy!
                              ORANGE CONGLOMERATE
                              VTM VANDALS







                              Originally Posted by cobrahead1030


                              Gibsons are like that crazy ex gf, the one you'd wanna strangle on a daily basis...but was dynamite in bed.

                              She always calls up during a dry spell, and ya have to hit it one more time.









                              Originally Posted by Mr. Brady


                              This is the reason modelers don't sound good. They don't have a standby switch modelled so the virtual tubes never get a chance to warm up.

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X