Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car guys, whats the best fuel injector cleaner?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car guys, whats the best fuel injector cleaner?

BP had a recall on some contaminated regular grade Gas recently and I wanna put some cleaner in and run a tank of premium through.
    😉

Lucas. Anything Lucas Oil Products makes works great
    Good Deals With : Facing Failure . goodhonk . benjamin801. sublimeride. River Bend. Flying Milkman. Crunchtime. MickTaylorFan. ~Abstract~

Comment

Seafoam
      Facebook SoundCloudGood Deals with; STEELKAGE, LenDuffy, Yo_Squig, theemarkmiller and others I've forgottenSPAMDimarzio Paf Pro red- 30$ Shipped(one thread is worn)Ampeg VH140C

Comment

B12 Chemtool
        Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/Seymour Duncan JB & Jazz
        Ibanez Acoustic
        Peavey Valveking 112
        ------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by gunslinger
        I agree but I would take those ****************ers out a jam the **************** out of them.....
        Like that $40,000 PRS double Dragon.....I'd take it to the worst bar in Deep Ellum and rock that ****************er like it was a Mexican Strat.

Comment

amsoil pi, redline sl-1
          http://www.fairtax.org/

Comment

Mercury (quick silver) Quickleen is the best I've ever used. It's expensive but it works great.
            Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

I'm a drag queen..not Jesus Christ

Originally Posted by LuckisforLosers

Don't sound like Korn.

Comment

what was the gas contaminated with?

using premium isn't going to do anything but hurt your wallet, so don't bother with that.

if i were going to do anything, i'd run it down to about 5 gallons of gas in the tank and dump in a can of seafoam or marvel mystery oil and run it down to near empty. i suspect that any top end cleaner would work, really.
              got a question about TITAN amps? ask me
              here

my website

TITAN AMPS on myspace

My band:Last Comes Gunfire

Comment

Well every time I go to Advance Auto the guys there talk up the Seafoam.
                CHANGE: 1. Demoralization 2. Destabilization 3. Crisis 4. Normalization

Comment

so...........without breaking down your engine and examining your injectors.........and assuming you would recognize damage if you saw it........and then A/B'ing that against another set of injectors (that has had similar useage) that used another cleaner.......and, of course, you'd need a third set of injectors that used no cleaner at all for baseline.........how does one say one brand is "better" than another?

Comment

Lucas. Anything Lucas Oil Products makes works great

+1
                    Spam: shipped to lower 48 only, MO & Cashiers check or Paypal gift no spam today shipped conusGood trans : Dominick, Bass_n_Drums, Gitfiddler, cobrahead1030, STEEL KAGE, 17 Tubes, cursed1, Moshaholic, tele0507, Dangles ct, Assumer, Yabba, Jopop, Troublehead, detunedman, tsunamijesus, Norton666, SkyHighRocks, archers6, Billcheckrules, Juggernaut.

Comment

so...........without breaking down your engine and examining your injectors.........and assuming you would recognize damage if you saw it........and then A/B'ing that against another set of injectors (that has had similar useage) that used another cleaner.......and, of course, you'd need a third set of injectors that used no cleaner at all for baseline.........how does one say one brand is "better" than another?

Can't say which product is empirically better, but I've used SeaFoam with reasonable success, and have had less success with other products. At one point, I'd pulled a rack of carbs twice, cleaning them by hand each time, still having little to no luck getting a problem motorcycle to run right. At my Dad's suggestion, I reluctantly ran a can of SeaFoam through the gas tank - and the bike ran like a top. Can't say it's the best, but I can say it works.
                      I'm in a band called Little Sluggers. Signature.

Comment

Seafoam Motor Treatment
                        Amsoil Pi
                        BG 44K
                        Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner
                        General Motors (Same as Techron)
                        Lucas Fuel Treatment
                        Marvel Mystery Oil
                        Berryman B12 Chemtool
                        Redline SL1 Complete
                        Gumout Regane

Most modern gasoline formulations contain sufficient detergents to render regular fuel injector cleaner treatment superfluous and a waste of money. Adding treatments prior to 50,000 miles is a waste of money. Most fuel/oil additives on the market are, simply put, garbage. Chemically, most Injector Cleaners are mostly kerosene. The better injector cleaners are either stoddard solvent based or a PEA. BG 44 has both stoddard and PEA in the mix but is not near as concentrated as it once was. BG sell their products through repair shops, and the technicians, service advisors and managers get kickbacks for everything they sell. BG puts a proof-of-use device, usually a plastic disc, in their cans. The tech collects these discs and trades them in to the BG rep for cash. Each disc is worth one dollar. BG

Comment

It's also a good idea to use a top tier fuel such as Chevron, Texaco or Shell. If you don't use a top tier fuel, then you want to use a cleaner every 3,000 miles. Replace your fuel filter every 30,000 miles, if possible.

Curious as to why that is? My friend works at a local fuel depot that distributes fuel to our region (unloads off ship to huge storage tanks).

From what happens around here....there really should be no difference in contaminants in reg vs premium fuels....and that is afterall what the fuel filter does...it captures particles of dirt in the fuel.....I would hazzard a guess that the vast majority are dust/debrise from fueling up and rust particles from condensation caused rust inside the gas tank.
                          Originally Posted by chainsaw fats
                          Can I drink your piss?

Great people: d_dave_c, wbcsound.

Comment

Seafoam is the best product I've used. If you've ever torn down a motor you know the pistons get baked on black carbon buildup. An engine that's had regular treatments of Seafoam will look very clean compared to one that hasn't.
                            Some cool local bands in my area

http://www.myspace.com/vorefare
                            http://www.myspace.com/rwake
                            http://www.myspace.com/****************fire
                            http://www.myspace.com/mulattorus
                            http://www.myspace.com/nongratametal

Comment

so do you just dump seafoam into your gas tank?
                              Gear: 2 Marshall Slash Sig Jubilee 2555
                              1 Marshall 1960BHW
                              4 Les Pauls
                              1 Taylor Acoustic

GoodDealsWith:
                              Gregovertone,eecamichael,ihave27frets, Guitarted, VoodooChild24, Dimebag11(Thanks Keith) TU BE

Comment

Working...
                              X