Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was Rock and Roll and a reason not to doubt Peavey amps

Yes, its FREEBIRD but this version kicks butt with one guitarist missing here...

Go to 5:35 if you want the good stuff....

The Marshalls were hidden.
    Diddlybo
    -----------------------------------------------
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    My current amp selection:
    Carr Slant6V, Allen Accomplice, Rivera R-30 Thirty-twelve, Fender ChampII, Tech21 Trademark 10

Good HCAF transactions with hal9000, guitup, Anibas and ARS.

Comment

Didn't know their drummer was in devils rejects

😉

Comment

The Marshalls were hidden.

Skynyrd was all about Peavey from the get go. To this day , Gary still uses them. When I saw them a couple years back , all 3 guitarists were using XXX's
        ----------------------------------------
        1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom- Wine Red
        1971 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
        1995 Gibson Les Paul Classic
        2010 Fender American Tele
        2011 Fender Am. Std Strat
        1984 Marshall JCM 800 2203
        1974 Marshall JMP Superlead
        Orange Rockerverb 100 MK II
        Peavey JSX
        Peavey XXX
        Line 6 Spider IV 75 (2) for the cover band
        Orange cabs
        Beer & Whiskey

Comment

Tha was a TOTAL asskicking performance (i watched a good portion of it lol)

Im not sure what the hell they were using but it sounded really nice to my dopey ears. I saw the ending credit and that actual performance was from 1975 how old is that song?

I know the song is a lil overplayed, but i gotta tip my hat -- that was a really nice version by the whole band

***Another USA Charvel SO-Cal Soon Tangerine 4 sale***
          ^^ Good deals with Glizard (ADA), electricdreams (Vetta) Fat Lou (Splawn) Tubesteakfortone (Marshall 3203, Riot pedal) agreed (Hafler-Radial) twisty571 (Mosvalve 962) Orbis Mortis (egnater) ~Abstract~ (JC amp) jn062181 (AXE - FX) ^^

PS -- I am the proud owner of the 1,000,000 post EVER on the HC amp forum 7/28/2006..

Comment

Tha was a TOTAL asskicking performance (i watched a good portion of it lol)

Im not sure what the hell they were using but it sounded really nice to my dopey ears. I saw the ending credit and that actual performance was from 1975 how old is that song?

I know the song is a lil overplayed, but i gotta tip my hat -- that was a really nice version by the whole band

That's what I'm on about here. Overplayed and all but the sheer ripping on Alan Collins part just is a blast!

Comment

Oh yeah, I knew if I put the Peavey jab here that this thread could turn into a Peavey versus Marshall. It's Alan Collins that makes it sound that way.

Comment

Skynyrd was all about Peavey from the get go. To this day , Gary still uses them. When I saw them a couple years back , all 3 guitarists were using XXX's

Skynyrd is still around??? I saw a behind the music episode on them, I think around 3/4 (robably more) of the original band is deceased, and the ones who arent dead are pretty close to it anyway, so I dont know how any band could exist like that.
                If you think this forum sucks visit here:http://www.guitarampboard.com/index.php started by user guitarbilly74

Comment

The only one left is Gary Rossington. He has used Peaveys as long as I can remember.

Comment

I saw them live at my first big outdoor concert in 1976. BTW, ZZ Top was the headliner.
                    Everybody is terminally ill.

Comment

Didn't he use a Peavey Mace forever?
                      Facebook SoundCloudGood Deals with; STEELKAGE, LenDuffy, Yo_Squig, theemarkmiller and others I've forgottenSPAMDimarzio Paf Pro red- 30$ Shipped(one thread is worn)Ampeg VH140C

Comment

Didn't he use a Peavey Mace forever?

The Mace is an awesome amp! I've known 2 guys that owned them and they had a vibe for sure.

Comment

I never thought the piano player got enough accolades in this band. He was fantastic.
                          Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

I'm a drag queen..not Jesus Christ

Originally Posted by LuckisforLosers

Don't sound like Korn.

Comment

Dat tone

That crowd is ****************ing huge
                            Originally Posted by Jesse G

EMG's are like McDonald's cheeseburgers of the pickup world

Comment

I never thought the piano player got enough accolades in this band. He was fantastic.

Yep. Billy Powell was a great player
                              Originally Posted by Jesse G

EMG's are like McDonald's cheeseburgers of the pickup world

Comment

Working...
                              X