No announcement yet.

Any of you guise use nut lubricators?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you guise use nut lubricators?

For srs, I've been playing for over 30 years, and I *JUST* picked up the Planet Waves lubrikit over the weekend, for the first time. Seems to be working.

I used Floyd locking systems for most of my playing life, and I just never needed this stuff. My PRSi used to stay in tune better than they do now.

My question is, for those of you who use this stuff, have you used both the Planet Waves and the Big Bends, and which one is better, if either are?
    PRS, Godin, Carvin, & Ibanez guitars
    Digitech GSP1101/Control 2
    Sennheiser G2 in-ear system

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

For real. Anomaly shreds not only his balls off, but the balls off two out of every five children born after 1992.

Band
    YouTube
    Facebook

Transactions with: OceansBetweenUs, eagertokill, rbasaria, outkastin2g, jonny_toetags, Findthetone, chriscnb, and CAC

Graphite
    MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

yes, I've been using dry graphite for ages
      =====
      Smooth transactions with: V-type (x2), torgeot, teflondog, spindlergallery , MrSandMan, mikerockstar, Sinster, dangolguitartec, sfam198, landbriancoe, Uberscha11,mttmg,andy43,jimithing5150,MattWV,alxml r789,fulcrumpoint,Inca Roads,Rgkchile,Mason Wells,Powerglide350,dustinoneil, chuckmehh, Further Lo, skaaks, Kano2864212, VTM, Adversor, dustman283

Originally Posted by SweepLegatto

The noise comes from the cabinet, not from the pots of the front panel.

Comment

I sharpen a pencil and "write" inside the nut slots
        Originally Posted by Rampage

**************** cleans, play distortion?

Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike

Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----

Guitars:
        Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez

Amps/Cabs
        Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

FX
        ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

Comment

Archery lube is cheaper:

http://www.cabelas.com/bow-tuning-ac...cant-pen.shtml

http://www.hawkarchery.net/productca...=603&sortprice

Comment

ive used it for years, every single time i change strings. its so cheap and simple to use theres really no reason not to. definitely helps tuning stability.

i bought a little tube of 'nut lube' from GC years ago for <$5 and im still using the same bottle.

Comment

On the rare occasion I've felt it necessary to lube the nut at all, I use graphite. It's cheap, and always around. (I have lots of drafting pencils around cause I like to pretend I know how to draw.)
              Originally Posted by Murdoch

HCAF Y U NO TALK MAPS

Three dicks in an ass, n00b.

Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom

wtf is next? lets talk about our favorite nsync album. i love them all because i was really making strides in my dress making business at the time...

Comment

Yes.. Yes i do..

Bought some **************** from Stew Mac years ago called Guitar grease.. It's lasted that long. It's a graphite based kinda paste/wax.. Does work well for nut slots and lubing up the pivot posts of my 15 year Original Floyd..
                SPAM

-Dimarzio Paf 7-$45 or trade for a Duncan custom 7

-Mick Thomson Blackouts set- $110 or $100 for just pickups, no pots/harnesses

emg 81 or 85. $50. I'm keeping one, so whichever one sells first..

-Ibanez Ts9- like new $60

-Modded ProCo Rat (pm for info) $70

pm for pics

Good transactions with- too many.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by peavey_impact
                  View Post

I sharpen a pencil and "write" inside the nut slots

GET OUT OF MAH HEAD.
                  Look how hard my heart hurts.
                  I need help, give me the works.

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

I haven't been drunk on sale for a long time either.

Originally Posted by telephant

You sound like an uptight loser and I suspect you have a lot less friends than you claim. Also, your wife is probably a fatty.

Comment

I use the pencil trick too, but I open to other things,... Ooh err
                    http://www.guitarampboard.com we have gone there, please follow!!!Rememberhttp://www.guitarampboard.comYes that's righthttp://www.guitarampboard.com^_^ http://www.guitarampboard.com ^_^

Comment

all serious replies to a thread with this title, what gives?
                      Warmoth/Fender Strats x 4, Ibanez RG, '87 Marshall JCM 800 2210, Marshall 1960a with WGS Vet. 30's x Celestion 75's, Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12...and the rest.
                      good deals with: Further Lo, Norton666, downer01, joaocunha, charvelstrat81, Deucejanisch, LIBBY!
                      my Iron Maiden tribute band:
                      http://www.facebook.com/maidenminneapolis
                      rock cover band:
                      www.wickedsensationmn.com
                      https://www.facebook.com/wickedsensationrockband

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Gary666
                        View Post

all serious replies to a thread with this title, what gives?

I was gonna list about twelve different types of chamois cream with clever names like "Deezenutz" and "Buttonhole," but thought that might be a little too high-brow for the mapsters to figure out.
                        Originally Posted by Murdoch

HCAF Y U NO TALK MAPS

Three dicks in an ass, n00b.

Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom

wtf is next? lets talk about our favorite nsync album. i love them all because i was really making strides in my dress making business at the time...

Comment

i was going to post that i did but ol' girl gets mad when i call her that, but i saw everyone playing nice and decided not to.

Comment

I use this.

$20 tube has lasted just over 2 years.

Works great

Comment

I have to use nut lube or else my g string sticks.

Well, I mostly use Floyds, but when I was using strat trems that was true. I have a bottle of Slick Nutz that I bought probably 8 years ago and it's still going strong.

Comment

Working...
                              X