Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Amp Search - Shimmering clean to high gain heaven

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Amp Search - Shimmering clean to high gain heaven

    In the market for a new head. Looking for shimmering clean to high gain heaven. Does this exist where you could get a fender clean and then enough gain to play death metal? My playing has become all over the place. I love a nice clean tone for jazz and funk. Then I want to roll up some gain and be able to hit Hard rock tones, Lynch Mob, Dokken. After a while, I just want to go balls to the wall and get low and sluggy in C#. Where do I need to go with this?

    Currently rocking on a Peavey 6505+ also have the triple xxx. I played the ENGL Powerball 2. It was great for the newer metal but I dont know about the classic sound. Ive played dual rec's and they dont get the juices flowing. Played the splawn nitro and it sounded so dry. Im down with tube heads 2 or 3 channels. Where do I go now boys? Marshall JCM 800 or 900 or JVM? Should I just keep the peavey and mod it? I need something that is decent at low volume as well. I end up playing my old marshall valvestate combo more often.

  • #2
    Mesa Tremoverb. It's a dual rec, but more and does great marshally overdrive in the 'blues' mode. Cleans are great and fendery too.
    Originally Posted by telephant


    Tone is really half the argument. We both know ultimately it means nothing. Write a song. Write. A ****************ing. Song.



    UK based band;
    http://www.captainhorizon.co.uk

    Comment


    • #3
      Mesa Tremoverb. It's a dual rec, but more and does great marshally overdrive in the 'blues' mode. Cleans are great and fendery too.
      Originally Posted by telephant


      Tone is really half the argument. We both know ultimately it means nothing. Write a song. Write. A ****************ing. Song.



      UK based band;
      http://www.captainhorizon.co.uk

      Comment


      • #4
        Laney VH100R

        This is all VH100R with a g-major in the loop. Unboosted.




        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KIPt6HoZpI





        EDIT: aha! it wont work with https!
        DCC Engineering. Custom Cabs and Effects.






        Originally Posted by -Assy-


        Okay I summed up this entire thread in three posts. Let's go home and beat our children.

        Comment


        • #5
          Laney VH100R

          This is all VH100R with a g-major in the loop. Unboosted.










          EDIT: aha! it wont work with https!
          DCC Engineering. Custom Cabs and Effects.






          Originally Posted by -Assy-


          Okay I summed up this entire thread in three posts. Let's go home and beat our children.

          Comment


          • #6
            ENGL Blackmore
            If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

            Comment


            • #7
              ENGL Blackmore
              If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

              Comment


              • #8
                Man ive been hearing good things about the Laney but I cant get my hands on one to play it. Im in NYC but no one has any. I had a teacher many years ago and he had a laney combo. Thing was pretty nice. I played the ENGL Powerball 2, they didnt have any Blackmore's there. Can the blackmore nail some death metal tones. I can boost with a TS808HW or even a Blues driver.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Man ive been hearing good things about the Laney but I cant get my hands on one to play it. Im in NYC but no one has any. I had a teacher many years ago and he had a laney combo. Thing was pretty nice. I played the ENGL Powerball 2, they didnt have any Blackmore's there. Can the blackmore nail some death metal tones. I can boost with a TS808HW or even a Blues driver.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    EVH 5150 III.
                    Originally Posted by James Hetfield


                    I AM THE TABLE!!



                    Guitars:
                    LTD EC256:EMG's, Tonepros, Grovers
                    Agile PS900 Blue Flame
                    Ibanez Acoustic: V300CW
                    Amps:
                    EVH 5150 III 100w
                    EVH 5150 III 4x12
                    Effects:
                    POD HD300
                    MXR 10 Band EQ

                    Good Transactions: cadfael, kev324, sahlomonic, Lucius

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      EVH 5150 III.
                      Originally Posted by James Hetfield


                      I AM THE TABLE!!



                      Guitars:
                      LTD EC256:EMG's, Tonepros, Grovers
                      Agile PS900 Blue Flame
                      Ibanez Acoustic: V300CW
                      Amps:
                      EVH 5150 III 100w
                      EVH 5150 III 4x12
                      Effects:
                      POD HD300
                      MXR 10 Band EQ

                      Good Transactions: cadfael, kev324, sahlomonic, Lucius

                      Comment


                      • #12






                        Quote Originally Posted by Zozobra
                        View Post

                        Laney VH100R

                        This is all VH100R with a g-major in the loop. Unboosted.




                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KIPt6HoZpI





                        for some lame reason I can't seem to embed youtube videos anymore :/




                        Originally Posted by TheEternal


                        Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?









                        Originally Posted by Neilrocks25


                        life's too short not to eat bee's




                        Good Transactions

                        Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
                        Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

                        Fix Congress First

                        Comment


                        • #13






                          Quote Originally Posted by Zozobra
                          View Post

                          Laney VH100R

                          This is all VH100R with a g-major in the loop. Unboosted.










                          for some lame reason I can't seem to embed youtube videos anymore :/




                          Originally Posted by TheEternal


                          Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?









                          Originally Posted by Neilrocks25


                          life's too short not to eat bee's




                          Good Transactions

                          Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
                          Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

                          Fix Congress First

                          Comment


                          • #14






                            Quote Originally Posted by madrigal77
                            View Post

                            EVH 5150 III.




                            Extremely disappointed with the cleans when i got it...Returned the amp after only playing it for a day. Cleans were not the only reason i returned it, but they just sounded lifeless/stale...DO NOT WANT
                            Guitars:
                            2012 Gibson Les Paul 50's Tribute Goldtop
                            2011 Ibanez RG3550MZ Galaxy Black
                            Amps:
                            Marshall 78' JMP MKII 2204
                            Peavey XXX 4x12 Slant
                            Effects:
                            Fulltone OCD
                            MXR Chorus 3 Knob
                            DOD Phasor 401
                            MXR Carbon Copy
                            Barber Tone Press
                            Korg PitchBlack Tuner
                            ToneBone Bigshot ABY/EFX
                            MKS Pedal Pad II

                            Comment


                            • #15






                              Quote Originally Posted by madrigal77
                              View Post

                              EVH 5150 III.




                              Extremely disappointed with the cleans when i got it...Returned the amp after only playing it for a day. Cleans were not the only reason i returned it, but they just sounded lifeless/stale...DO NOT WANT
                              Guitars:
                              2012 Gibson Les Paul 50's Tribute Goldtop
                              2011 Ibanez RG3550MZ Galaxy Black
                              Amps:
                              Marshall 78' JMP MKII 2204
                              Peavey XXX 4x12 Slant
                              Effects:
                              Fulltone OCD
                              MXR Chorus 3 Knob
                              DOD Phasor 401
                              MXR Carbon Copy
                              Barber Tone Press
                              Korg PitchBlack Tuner
                              ToneBone Bigshot ABY/EFX
                              MKS Pedal Pad II

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X