X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief
    View Post

Youngblood, it takes a drummer who will actually listen and follow the guitar in order to use one live. If you find a drummer who will follow a guitar player's beat, then keep him, because most drummers want to do it their own way, regardless of how much their tempo fluctuates.

i mean isnt the drummer SUPPOSED to dictate tempo? kinda hard to fault them for not being able to play to a click live. 98% of drummers find this difficult.

while the loops are fine for short passages, before anyone can really get off beat, i should invent a looper with realtime tap tempo hooked up to the drums so its slaved to the drummer instead of vice versa

and dont listen to van. he gay.

(it actually is really good for that. put each layer in softly though, they can build up real quick)
    great deals with Urinate Forever and stratedge09

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

the.Orange.congolomorate Thunderverb 50 sucka!
    SG ARMY

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D
      View Post

VC got me a looper couple years back. i still am barely scratching the surface. my problem is successfully implementing it in live use. how the **************** do people use these live when no drummer is robot perfect?

So, your drummer isn't the "Robo" in Robo Cougar eh?
      Originally Posted by TheEternal

Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

life's too short not to eat bee's

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
      Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

Yep, loopers are awesome. I have the RC-2 and it's a great device. It makes playing a lot of fun. HNPD.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D
          View Post

i mean isnt the drummer SUPPOSED to dictate tempo? kinda hard to fault them for not being able to play to a click live. 98% of drummers find this difficult.

while the loops are fine for short passages, before anyone can really get off beat, i should invent a looper with realtime tap tempo hooked up to the drums so its slaved to the drummer instead of vice versa

and dont listen to van. he gay.

(it actually is really good for that. put each layer in softly though, they can build up real quick)

More like you are.
          http://www.facebook.com/thegloriousrebellion
          http://thegloriousrebellion.bandcamp.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Van_Muddlestein
            View Post

I've been really interested in picking one up not for live use but to help me write parts for songs. When I'm writing songs or in the studio I do a lot of layering and a looper seems to be a good way to test run those ideas at home.

Glad you're digging a new pedal, sir!

Dude, that's exactly what I picked it up for. So far it's excellent for that. Thanks, my wife is kick ass.

Comment

I've enjoyed a looper for a lot of years with my DL-4. Never quite committed to using it for a piece of music, but it's an invaluable practice tool.
              Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
              Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

Yes that's my girlfriend.

Comment

How are you running it? I got one of these about 6 months ago, mainly for playing acoustic at mother ****************ing church, but I have only used it once. After Christmas I'm gonna try to get my home jam space worked out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/primeholy

Originally Posted by decode6

Way to go primeholy, you've just killed Independent George.

Originally Posted by Arpanoid

I was meditating on the finer things of life and then I realized that PrimeHoly is the god of this forum. For real. no troll.

Originally Posted by eudaimonia02912

Just think: There must be thread ideas that pop in Charveldan's head, but which, after some thought, he rejects and decides not to post. Imagine how bizarre those ideas must be, if they don't even meet Charveldan's standards.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy
                  View Post

Dude, that's exactly what I picked it up for. So far it's excellent for that. Thanks, my wife is kick ass.

Yes she is. Noted. Need to pick up something like this in once I get the rest of my rig set up.
                  http://www.facebook.com/thegloriousrebellion
                  http://thegloriousrebellion.bandcamp.com

Comment

Working...
                  X