Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

drawing board: need a new 4x12 (recommend)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74
    View Post

yeah, the XL with the 4 BL80's would be awesome. You could also try to X the T100s and BL80s. I am not a fan of X'ing but that combo could be good at least until you sell the V30's. I would also try to put a trade ad on CL to trade 2 V30's for 2 BL/CL80's that would solve your problem..

I sold one of my 2x12's this last weekend and gave the buyer the choice to have either the T100's, the Weber Axis, or the Weber Blue dog. He chose the T100's. I think I'm just going to order a couple new BL80's. WGS speakers are cheap and of all speakers I've tried with different amps the BL80 is my fave. Especially since I'm used to that sound I think it's the way to go for me. If in the future I hear K85's, maybe even yours, I'll probably just pick up a 2nd 4x12 with them and have 2 awesome yet different cabs.
    Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
    Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

Yes that's my girlfriend.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74
      View Post

this guy has a Marshall 4x12 for sale with CL80's...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...494275732.html

why don't you contact him and ask him if he would be down to trade his 4 CL80's for your V30's... I would be easier for him to sell the cab with V30s, and you would hvae a quad of CL80s in your Randall. Win-win?

word! I'll give it a shot.
      Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
      Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

Comment

just called the guy. He was a total dick about it, "So... you're asking me to trade you speakers that sell on ebay for $200... for the V30 that sells for $75?"

Comment

Return the Randall and buy that Marshall cab. I'm not gonna lie, I want to be on that.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy
            View Post

Return the Randall and buy that Marshall cab. I'm not gonna lie, I want to be on that.

I thought about it honestly, but I'm not down with the white tolex... and the guy just got finished being a dick on the phone with me **************** him... my feelings are hurt.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R
              View Post

just called the guy. He was a total dick about it, "So... you're asking me to trade you speakers that sell on ebay for $200... for the V30 that sells for $75?"

he is out of his ****************ing mind lol
              http://www.guitarampboard.comLike my band on FB: http://www.facebook.com/thefew1All prices include shipping to ConUS.

Comment

yeah, I wanted to tell him but there was no point in saying another word to the guy. I'll just order me a couple BL80's and be happy with my new 4x12.

Comment

Working...
                X