Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

clip of Mrak 5 on the tweed setting

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • clip of Mrak 5 on the tweed setting

    I started playing my Mark 5 a lot more and I've really been digging the tweed mode on channel 1. I don't think the video captured it very well, but it sounded rad up in here. I hardly ever go to channel 3, maybe I just don't know how to dial it in yet. Interested to hear tips and other stuff from other Mark 5 users.






    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-VuN2YPKYo
    youtube
    music

  • #2
    Sounds ****************ing fantastic! Man, that LP is the tits.
    http://simplehomerecording.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah, I really wish 'Tweed' was on another channel. It'd be nice to go from 'Fat' to 'Tweed'.
      ♫♫♫♫

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah dude, honestly I would trade the Mark 1 mode for tweed and have it on channel 2. Even with all the bass sucked out the Mark 1 makes me **************** myself from all the low end.
        youtube
        music

        Comment


        • #5
          That sounds really good. The tweed mode was the only one I could gel with on the Mark V combo I just used in the studio. Every time anyone else played it , I liked the tones, but I just couldn't get along with it.
          Great deals with: Draco Aron X 2 , Holy War, Edge of Darkness X 2, freehandarson, Chrisjd, Yo_Squig, Crank, Abstract, xnatex, Norton666, JSilverstein, Elemenope, moop, Ricky Rockhardo






          Originally Posted by madryan


          That's the problem with Marshalls... They cut right through.

          "

          B.) Bending a woman over and seeing sphincter art is pretty much a clear signal that she wants you to salt the Devil's Onion Ring.









          Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy


          Kinda how I quit drinking for a long time. That was lame so I started again

          Comment


          • #6
            Sounds good man
            Originally Posted by Rampage


            **************** cleans, play distortion?









            Originally Posted by RiffDaemon


            The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike









            Originally Posted by buddhapaugh


            I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----







            Guitars:
            Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez


            Amps/Cabs
            Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

            FX
            ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

            Comment


            • #7






              Quote Originally Posted by zygoat
              View Post

              Yeah dude, honestly I would trade the Mark 1 mode for tweed and have it on channel 2. Even with all the bass sucked out the Mark 1 makes me **************** myself from all the low end.




              Yeah...ch2's mark 1 mode is the only mode on the whole amp I just can't seem to get anything out of. I just can't seem to dial the blanket off it no matter what.
              ♫♫♫♫

              Comment


              • #8






                Quote Originally Posted by zygoat
                View Post

                I started playing my Mark 5 a lot more and I've really been digging the tweed mode on channel 1. I don't think the video captured it very well, but it sounded rad up in here. I hardly ever go to channel 3, maybe I just don't know how to dial it in yet. Interested to hear tips and other stuff from other Mark 5 users.






                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-VuN2YPKYo




                Very nice. Did you use an open tuning on that clip?

                Comment


                • #9






                  Quote Originally Posted by can't remember
                  View Post

                  Yeah...ch2's mark 1 mode is the only mode on the whole amp I just can't seem to get anything out of. I just can't seem to dial the blanket off it no matter what.




                  It definitely has a dark veil over it. Wasn't that the Santana tone back in the day? Maybe in a big outdoor stadium with an 8 x 12" cab and the output cranked up full it would sound amazing.

                  Comment


                  • #10






                    Quote Originally Posted by shane159
                    View Post

                    That sounds really good. The tweed mode was the only one I could gel with on the Mark V combo I just used in the studio. Every time anyone else played it , I liked the tones, but I just couldn't get along with it.




                    You have to go easy on the gain in Channels 2 and 3. There's so much on tap that it's hard to resist, but I've found the best tones have gain settings below 120.

                    Comment


                    • #11






                      Quote Originally Posted by can't remember
                      View Post

                      Yeah...ch2's mark 1 mode is the only mode on the whole amp I just can't seem to get anything out of. I just can't seem to dial the blanket off it no matter what.




                      I think it's supposed to have that super dark saturated thing going on.



                      I've never actually played on myself, but I heard a guy in a store getting some verrrry close Santana toans out of it. It's similar to Al DiMeola's old school tones as well.



                      It'd probably be good for that Joe Bonamassa/Eric Johnson electric violin type thing.
                      Gibson Les Paul Traditional
                      Warmoth Custom Soloist
                      Ibanez S370
                      Gibson SG Special
                      '77 Marshall JMP 2203
                      http://www.myspace.com/sonicimages
                      --------






                      Originally Posted by RaceU4her


                      i have 12,000+ posts at HCAF, of course im a ****************ing tone guru

                      Comment


                      • #12






                        Quote Originally Posted by docjeffrey
                        View Post

                        Very nice. Did you use an open tuning on that clip?




                        thanks, standard tuning
                        youtube
                        music

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Great clip. I dug the tone and really liked the playing.
                          "You won't like me when I'm angry because I back up my rage with facts and documented sources" ~ The Credible Hulk

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Nice tone! Very organic sounding.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sounds great man! I really really like the Mark V I played.
                              ----------------------------------------
                              1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom- Wine Red
                              1971 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
                              1995 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                              2010 Fender American Tele
                              2011 Fender Am. Std Strat
                              1984 Marshall JCM 800 2203
                              1974 Marshall JMP Superlead
                              Orange Rockerverb 100 MK II
                              Peavey JSX
                              Peavey XXX
                              Line 6 Spider IV 75 (2) for the cover band
                              Orange cabs
                              Beer & Whiskey

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X