Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PICKS: What do you like???

Fender Heavys all the way for me. I cant stand light flimsy picks. I need something hard with alot of attack. And also, if I'm bored and have extra picks, I can entertain myself by setting them on fire. And boooyyyyy do these things catch fire.

Pete, if you read this thread, post that video of you setting that pick on fire

Jazz IIIs, both red and black, for different purposes. At the moment, I'm preferring reds though.
    Originally Posted by Norton666 (15/07/2009)

Give it 6 months and the Axe-Fx will be mentioned in the same sentence as the Johnson Millenium stuff.

Comment

fender heavy all the way..any color...there the perfect thickness for anything
      "Surrender your whole being into a note, and gravity disappears"- Santana

current rig:

1991 Fender Strat plus(MIA) with wilkinson roller nut locking tuners,Dimarzio PAF pro(neck),gold lace sensor(middle),Dimarzio Fred(bridge) d'addario strings 10 guage(main axe)

Fender Jimmie Vaughn Strat(MIM) with seymour duncan hotrails(bridge), SD classic stack(middle), SD lil 59 (neck) and locking tuners, d'addario strings 10 guage

fender heavy picks

Ibanez ts9
      Boss compressor/sustainer
      Morley Bad Horsie 2 wah wah
      Boss Phaser
      Fender Tuner
      Boss Noise suppressor
      (in that order)

Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 100
      Marshall 1936 2x12 cab

m-audio mobile pre
      line 6 podxt
      shure sm57
      monster cables
      cakewalk gt pro 3

aw shucks..im only 17 and i already have a severe case of g.a.s

www.purevolume.com/damienoise

Comment

Green dunlop tortex'es, just cause I've been using them since i was like.... 15, and I haven't really felt the urge to experiment with picks much.

Comment

Cool Picks 1.5mm, the only thing that I can use. I used to use Jazz III as per John Petrucci( When we were friends, he wouldnt let me use anything but) Once Ralphie turned me onto the Cool Picks it was all over!!!

My clips, check 'em out!!!
          More Clips!!!

Mint, No Velcro and in Original box, Seriously priced to move. Price reflects PayPal'd and Shipped to the lower 48( Gift would be nice, have TONS of references) No reasonable offer refused

Get it while its hot gents, it wont last at this price!!!

PigTronix Disnortion OFO-$140

Comment

The larger version of the Jazz III. They just feel so comfy, and let me play naturally.
            LEELOO DALLAS MOOLTIPASS

Carvin C66 -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV -> Mesa Boogie Recto 2x12

Comment

big stubbies, 1 & 2 mm's. sometimes a purple tortex...I liked the jazz 3's I 've used for a minute or 2. I havent found the time to go out and get some jazz 3's tho.
              FJA 5150Wolfgang

Comment

Dunlop Wedge 1.14 mm, I want to check out the Jazz III's though.

Comment

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE
                  Cool Picks 1.5mm, the only thing that I can use. I used to use Jazz III as per John Petrucci( When we were friends, he wouldnt let me use anything but) Once Ralphie turned me onto the Cool Picks it was all over!!!

Do they have some corny ass slogan like...."BE COOL! PLAY COOL PICKS!" or like, "YOU'RE NOT COOL WITHOUT ONE, COOL PICKS!"....

I should be a slogan writer

Comment

These are the TWO sluts I use.

Hey Kage, where do you get those "Cool" picks? Are they special order or can you find them at music stores?
                    2003 Gibson Les Paul Standard HxH Goldtop Southpaw
                    1995 Mesa Dual Rectifier Solo Head
                    Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive = Used with the Mesa for the secret Powderglass tone.
                    Marshall JCM 900 1960B 4x12

Good Transactions with: Bikehorn, Mr. Brady

Comment

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

You and Ralph got me loving these a lot...so much that I had to stop using them and go back to Xtra Heavy Tortoise Shells. I was to the point of putting a pick with my wallet just in case there is an opportunity to jam.

Comment

I love the purple dunlop 1mm pointed jazz picks. Can't use big picks at all... I'm a loser with a big pick

Comment

Originally posted by psychodave

You and Ralph got me loving these a lot...so much that I had to stop using them and go back to Xtra Heavy Tortoise Shells. I was to the point of putting a pick with my wallet just in case there is an opportunity to jam.

I've always carried picks in my wallet. Though, I've only actually got a pick out of it and used it like........once.

Comment

Originally posted by adamquek
                            Can't use big pricks at all... I'm a loser with a big prick

I'm in the same boat.
                            2003 Gibson Les Paul Standard HxH Goldtop Southpaw
                            1995 Mesa Dual Rectifier Solo Head
                            Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive = Used with the Mesa for the secret Powderglass tone.
                            Marshall JCM 900 1960B 4x12

Good Transactions with: Bikehorn, Mr. Brady

Comment

Originally posted by psychodave

Im tellin ya Bro, theyre addictive, I have like 3 in my wallet at all times!!!! theyre expensive buggers too!!!

Kage
                              My clips, check 'em out!!!
                              More Clips!!!

Mint, No Velcro and in Original box, Seriously priced to move. Price reflects PayPal'd and Shipped to the lower 48( Gift would be nice, have TONS of references) No reasonable offer refused

Get it while its hot gents, it wont last at this price!!!

PigTronix Disnortion OFO-$140

Comment

Working...
                              X